Youtube audio quality

ukemike

Reaction score
On more than one of my youtube videos I have been really disappointed at how it sounds after I've uploaded it. My most recent video which I posted about on this board here is especially bad. This song has several stops, and during each one the noise just leaps out and jangles my auditory nerves. I know for a fact, that the file I uploaded sounded really clean and clear.

Does anyone have any tips or knowledge about how to avoid this?

-Mike

I saved it as a .mov in te h264 format which youtube claims is a preferred format.

i would use another video provider such as viddler, veoh, etc

I use youtube because I like people to find and see my videos. Youtube has surpassed yahoo to become the second largest search engine on the net. If I want views, that's where I'm gonna be. I'm not some rock star and people won't go out of their way to find my videos. I'm also not an audiophile. I don't mind mediocre sound, but this last time was really bad.

I hope that someone here has some practical tips on how to make a video sound good on youtube. There are other videos that sound just fine, which makes me think I'm doing something wrong.

That's a really odd sound, Ukemike. I don't know how to get rid of it, but are you sure it wasn't there before you uploaded it? Listen back to your video and double check. Make sure that you're listening to the converted file that you uploaded to YouTube, not the pre-conversion file.

If it's not there, the problem lies with YouTube's converters. If it is, the problem lies with your conversion program.

Seeso,

I suppose you could say that it is there. If you turn up the volume to dangerously high levels (then only listen to the silent bits, like right at the start) you can hear it. But honestly to hear it before the upload the volume has to be so loud that when I hit that first strum, paint flakes off the walls, and car alarms go off across the street. The bit I can't figure out is that I process each of my vids the same, using quicktime. Some turn out fine and some come out sounding odd.

I just went to youtube to listen to a few of my vids to see if I was hallucinating and all of my and every other one I check gets stuck after 2 seconds. So I guess I should just grin and bear it, 'cause it could be worse and it often is.

Top Bottom