Long neck Tenor Kamaka, strung as a Baritone?

PedalFreak

Reaction score
I know the Long Neck Tenor from Kamaka is relatively new, but it is the same scale length as a Baritone. Anyone know of anyone that has strung one of these as a Baritone?

I've been wanting a Baritone, and started to think that the Long Neck tenor may make a great baritone. Smaller body may give it a more focused sound, less boomy.

Any thoughts? I plan on calling Kamaka once they open today and talk to them about it, but wanted to open it up here see what others think :)

I plan on calling Kamaka once they open today and talk to them about it, but wanted to open it up here see what others think :)

You want to know what I think....wow - that is great. Thank you. Well, I think calling Kamaka is a good idea.

That would be interesting... but I think you should call Kamaka!!! Ask them about it. If you talk to Tekla, tell her Josh said hi!!! LOLOLOLOL jk don't do that, she probably won't remember me anyway unless she saw me :p

"It's possible, but not built for it." That was the answer I was given.

They said that people have done it, but it is built as a tenor, and to handle those tensions. So kind of sounds like the uke would have issues down the road if kept as a Baritone.

Well, there goes that idea :)

Hey, Freak!

When did Kamaka come out with this? Any idea how much they'll run?

Nice man, at least u got ur answer :)

"It's possible, but not built for it." That was the answer I was given.

They said that people have done it, but it is built as a tenor, and to handle those tensions. So kind of sounds like the uke would have issues down the road if kept as a Baritone.

Well, there goes that idea :)

Hey, Freak!

When did Kamaka come out with this? Any idea how much they'll run?

Hahaha...It might sound nicer if you called him Hey Pedal instead of Hey Freak. LOL

Haha! It's actually Aaron ;)

They've done the long neck tenor as a custom option for a little while now. I think they're just now making it a "standard" model. As for pricing I'm not sure, only one I've seen in person was at NAMM.

Top Bottom