Right this minute, where are your ukes?

Freeda

Reaction score
I have one Mahalo on my desk. One kid's plastic uke on the kitchen counter. One Luna on the floor next to my bed. One Goldtone and one Peanut (in cases) on the breakfast bar. One Lanikai loaned to my dad.

Three next to my bed; one in my office; the rest neatly lined up (in their cases or gig bags) in a spare bedroom

Mine are all hanging on the uke wall hanger I made placed in my living room :eek:

Most are hanging on my living room wall. I have my Luna in a bag in the living room on a chair, my old Hilo on another chair, my Fluke on the sofa and my Flea, Grizzly and Cigar box are in my family room.

Bedroom, bedroom, bedroom, kitchen table, dining table, dining room:D

Furniture and architecture are a bit different here in Korea, so no closets, no beds, almost no counters, very few chairs, and generally no spare bedrooms. All three are the only safe place for them - in their gig bags, hanging on the end of the clothing rack in the bedroom. :)

Furniture and architecture are a bit different here in Korea, so no closets, no beds, almost no counters, very few chairs, and generally no spare bedrooms. All three are the only safe place for them - in their gig bags, hanging on the end of the clothing rack in the bedroom. :)

Now I'm curious... how do you function? Just sit on the floor?

My MP is at work. The Kala is with one of my students, presumably at his house.

My Mainland is in my lap. My newly strung, garage-find bari is on the table next to my laptop. The bright red Hilo is on the bench in the living room next to the bongos and my daughter's recorder.

I've got a Fluke to the left of me, a Mya-Moe to the right of me within grasping distance. I have two in the corner - about six feet from me, and I have a banjo ukulele downstairs in the kitchen dining area. It's good to have at least one upstairs and one downstairs so they are close by.

2 feet behind me, in the only bit of free space in my home office.

Oh I love this thread! My new Willie Wixom is hanging on the wall within reach of where I am sitting. My Kamaka is in a uke stand behind me, almost within reach. All The others are safe and sound in cases in my bedroom closet.

my dolphin is on my bed beside me, my mainland, fluke, eleuke, travel soprano and my pineapple is in the corner cwrtched up and my concert and kala mahogany soprano are in the spare bedroom

Kiwaya longneck - in case next to bed. The rest are all here in my crowded home office. Mainland concert "coffee can resonator" about four feet away on shelf - no case - need to correct that one of these days. KoAloha longneck in case under workbench about five feet away. Mainland tenors - in cases on workbench about five feet away. Mainland baritone - in case on stack of junk 3 feet behind my office chair. Eleuke concert solid body electric - on top of its gigbag on top of the case holding the Mainland mahogany tenor. Mainland matte mango soprano - I just set it down on top of the case holding the Mainland gloss mango tenor so I could type this post.

John

At this second. One sitting right next to my chair in the living room. 3 in cases under my bed. One hanging on the hanger next to my bed. One hanging on a hanger next to my wife's chair. A couple hanging on the wall with several guitars in the "music" room, one leaning against the entertainment center (TV). And I see one laying on the couch right now.

Well, I've only got the one, and it seems to always be within arm's reach whenever I am at home. Otherwise, when I'm at work, or otherwise occupied, it's either sitting on a small stand next to my desk, or nestled snugly in its case.

Top Bottom