Ko'olau KC10 Concert with original case

Status
Not open for further replies.

flagstaffcharlie

Reaction score
SOLD THANKS!

I'm selling a beautiful little Ko'olau concert ukulele with the original hard case. The model is a KC10, which I believe is exactly like the C-1 they offer now with the exception of the tuners. My ukulele has friction tuners, where the new ones have geared tuners.

I'm asking $500 obo shipped CONUS with insurance via PayPal only. I'll also entertain trades for USA-made guitars or fretted instruments. I probably don't need another uke though. I could add cash or other trade items (have a mic & preamp for sale locally) if it makes the deal fair.

This is about a year old or so. It's in great shape with no major issues. There are some strumming marks near the sound hole and fretboard from me playing it. I believe they could probably be buffed out, but I won't do that. I tried to get them in the pictures but couldn't capture them well. But they are there. That's the only issue I can think of.

Currently strung with D'addario strings which I don't care for, so I'll throw in a new set of Ko'olau strings for you to try out.

I'm selling because I just bought a rebuilt Kamaka tenor uke here last week and I'm absolutely in love with it. I also have a Big Island mahogany concert that I use for gigs. That body is a little bigger and louder, so it works well for gigs. I also have to admit that I don't like friction tuners. So the uke is on the block.

Compared to the Big Island, this uke is warmer, mellower, and not as loud. Its body is a bit smaller and it has a tighter waste. It has a tonal quality on single notes that sometimes reminds me of a classical guitar. You can hear it on my children's album Dancing With No Shoes On on the cuts "Seafood Song" and "Love Somebody". You can listen to those on MySpace by scrolling down to the tunes here: http://www.myspace.com/chuckcheesman/music/songs?filter=popular

Pictures from my iPhone are here. http://photobucket.com/bourgeoisjra

IMG_0194.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm going to try to get some better pics with my wife's fancy camera later today or tomorrow. I just realized I never took one of the front from bottom to top. My iPhone and me just don't do that great of a job with pictures.

I am negotiable as long as it is reasonable. Thanks.

Edit: OK 16 more pics are up. This is the only one that captures any of the evidence of me playing it.

DSC_0033.jpg

Last edited:
Good price on a very nice uke. The new C-1s go for about $850. Considering how much people love Pono on this forum, I never understand why people don't show more interest in the real deal, Hawaiian made Koolau. It seems like they get overlooked for their mostly cheaper Asian counterpart. Anyway, good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm currently uploading some new photos to the photo link. I don't know if they captured the marks on the top. The ukulele is in great shape, but I played it. The marks are hard to see until you hit the right light. Then you can tell it's been played.

It's a beautiful little instrument, but I can't justify three ukes when I play guitar 90% of the time - and especially when I'm window shopping guitars. I have one person interested here, and I'll hold it for her until she decides. I'll mark it sold if it sells. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom