Video game art

To give me a break from pounding my fingertips on my new Uke', I thought I'd pimp some of my "art" that I've recently reworked due to a software update. Most of the recent stuff has been based on a game called Minecraft.
Opinion/criticism more than welcome.

6870445789_3b5a535efb_b.jpg
5891661240_fd84dd32d4_b.jpg
6388870617_424cf86e57_b.jpg
6744880707_979cd90ccc_b.jpg
5818650794_8f7263ce85_b.jpg

To give me a break from pounding my fingertips on my new Uke', I thought I'd pimp some of my "art" that I've recently reworked due to a software update. Most of the recent stuff has been based on a game called Minecraft.
Opinion/criticism more than welcome.

That is some really excellent work. Love the Bender. Is that sword real?

That is some really excellent work. Love the Bender. Is that sword real?

No, like the rest of the pictures, the sword is a 3D model (the one one my desk is exactly the same model as the picture below it). All I did was take a photograph of my desk, import it into my 3D software and "composit" it. It's basically the same procedure that Hollywood uses to put GCI in films. The difficult part is creating the "shadow catcher" which is an invisible model of my desk, configured to only receive shadows and reflections. Then I have to create an illuminated sky object which is a spherical image of my room, which is then reflected in the 3D model. If you look closely, you can see my glasses and cloth reflected in the pommel of the sword, and the sword reflected in the desk.

Sorry for the long-winded reply, but I like this stuff the way you guys like Ukes :)

Top Bottom