"I Wonder Where My Baby Is Tonight"

H

Hippie Dribble

1925. Walter Donaldson; Gus Kahn.

another wonderful song from ye olden golden days of ukedom. This one has been recorded by many superb artists, the great Cliff 'Ukulele Ike' Edwards notable among them.

Here's the chord transcription so you can play along...

I (F)wonder where my (A7)baby is to(Bb)night(D7)
I (Gm)wonder where my (G7)baby is ton(C7)ight
I (F)wonder (E7)where she's (C7)gone
And (F)how she's (E7)gettin (C7)on
I (F)wonder why my (G7)baby doesn't (C7)write

If (F)she came back I (A7)wonder what I'd (Bb)do(D7)
I (Gm)wonder did she (G7)find somebody (C7)new
Well she (F)didn't (E7)treat me (C7)fair
And (F)though I shouldn't (D7)care
I (Gm)wonder where my (C7)baby is to(F)night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b25ufBwxo4

I recorded it this morning in eugenie's studio and used my new Collings concert ukulele gifted to me last week by my mum and dad. Thanks for watching everyone!!! :)

Love this one, Jon! You have style, my friend.

Sublime as ever Jon :) the uke looks and sounds stunning, thanks for the chords to.
Keep them coming you know we never tire of your wonderful playing and singing all the best from me :)

Legend, mate.

Thanks Jon for finding these little nuggets of songs and playing them, I learn all the time from watching you play
thanks.

Marvellous work Jon, you continue to refine that Eugene Ukulele style, top job mate.
cheers Cam, thanks for the encouragment
Love this one, Jon! You have style, my friend.
thankyou Diane, it's all bluff
Wonderful as always. Thanks for the chords!:)
no probs you guys
Sublime as ever Jon :) the uke looks and sounds stunning, thanks for the chords to.
Keep them coming you know we never tire of your wonderful playing and singing all the best from me :)
blessings Dave, thanks mate

Lovely!
And thanks for the chords!
thanks Luana, no worries
Legend, mate.
aaah, cheers Aido
Sweetness, Jon.... man, that Collings looks and sounds like a dream to play.....
it's beautiful Bill, and yeah mate, a very smooth player for sure
Thanks Jon for finding these little nuggets of songs and playing them, I learn all the time from watching you play
thanks.
thanks Drew, much appreciated mate

Great...I was thinking of doing this, but you beat me to it... :)

wha??? I think I can say with some degree of certainty that the world needs your take on the song a whole lot more than it needs mine Doc. I can't wait...

Another excellent job. What else can I say that hasn't already been said.

My only real complaint is I have trouble keeping up with your new videos. I manage about one in three :cool:

Another excellent job. What else can I say that hasn't already been said.

My only real complaint is I have trouble keeping up with your new videos. I manage about one in three :cool:

thankyou very much Geoff. I'm a bit manic, OCD and impatient as well... :eek:

My god man, get out of my head! I played this tune about 1000 times this weekend...none were a spot on this, but I LOVE this tune.
You left a bit out at the end though mate.
CONGA!
Stunning version my friend- if I were a better man I would stop playing it, but I am gunning for ya ;)

My god man, get out of my head! I played this tune about 1000 times this weekend...none were a spot on this, but I LOVE this tune.
You left a bit out at the end though mate.
CONGA!
Stunning version my friend- if I were a better man I would stop playing it, but I am gunning for ya ;)
well mate, I am taking lessons now so I'll win her back somehow, but geez I'd love to kill that guy who teaches conga :p

Eugene
Please consider your performances to be pre-praised by me through 2012, with a 2013 renewal option. I'm tired of coming up with superlatives, so this will be a blanket bravo in advance..."bravo"
This tune is deeply ingrained for me as I used to listen to a Spike Jones 78 of it my mom had, a take that has ruined other versions (except yours) forever:
http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=40428806&ac=now
check it out!
And thanks for the chords too. All I need is some bulb horns, pistols and hubcaps and I'm on my way to Spike Jones land!

Top Bottom