"lanikai of hawaii" ukulele?

freshair

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm just starting and looking to buy a beginner's uke. Was searching online and came across this one called "lanai of hawaii." Has anyone heard of the brand and knows about their quality? I don't need anything fancy but want a decent one of course.
Thanks!

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 80
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 63
I dont know about lanai of hawaii but the headstock looks like a Tangi and he did the branding in the soundhole that looks similar, maybe part of the g wore off. I have to check my tangi display later and will let you know if it is all similar. If it is a tangi they are pretty good ukes made of solid woods at a great pricepoint.

Thank you so much. I think it's a Tangi. I went to their website and the logo and the stamped brand name look exactly the same. Just like you said, part of the g wore off. Now that i look for it, i can see the faint mark.
It's a soprano, being sold at $60.

$60 is a steal, snatch that thing up before someone else does.

Listen to this advice. Solid koa Tangi for the price of a tank of gas? Dude, this is a no brainer.

60 bucks is far too much. If you point me to where it's being sold, I'll be sure to buy it before some unfortunate soul can waste their money. Better yet, if you've already bought it, I'll give you $61, just so you don't have to live with that terrible mistake. ;)

if you miss buying a Hawaiian-made solid koa uke for $60 it will cost you thousands in K brand consolation purchases

Someone else snatched it :(

haha j/k, don't cry for me. Here it is

Attachments

• tangi.jpg
    tangi.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 54
On the other hand, a fortuitous purchase such as this might cost you thousands in K Brand upgrades..

Hi experts,
I need your help again. My new uke came with a case (pictured) - paid $20 for it. I have a friend who also just about an uke and she wants a case like mine. We thought it'd be easy to find, but still haven't seen any with similar yellow-orange faux fur lining. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi experts,
I need your help again. My new uke came with a case (pictured) - paid $20 for it. I have a friend who also just about an uke and she wants a case like mine. We thought it'd be easy to find, but still haven't seen any with similar yellow-orange faux fur lining. Any suggestions? Thanks again.

Curious to know if anybody knows a source for these. They're my favorite cases but as far as I know nobody makes them any more!

Wow! I should be so lucky! The only "deals" I ever seem to stumble across are the ones where somebody thinks their "Duke Kahanamoku" tourist uke is worth nine million dollars because their grandparents bought it in Hawaii on their honeymoon... :)

John

What a nice score!

Its a Tangi. Im selling a Soprano Koa one right now.

Congratulations!

Run out and buy a lotto ticket right now. You got some good Mojo happenin my friend.

I've never won a lotto or anything remotely related to it ;)
So what's up with this case then?

Top Bottom