In Praise Of Southcoast!

rook

Reaction score
I've had my Fluke for a couple of months now and when I ordered it I chose to put on a non-wound Fremont low G along side the Aquilas. Have always thought it sounded awful.

Today I put a Southcoast low G non-wound on and WOW! What a HUGE difference. It really amazes me how one string could change the sound completely and bring the Uke to life.

I now have three Tenors with this Aquila/Southcoast combo and couldn't be happier with the result.

Although I still want to try the new, much buzzed about, Aquila non-wound Low G...I think I've pretty much found the perfect setup.

All I can say is Thanks Southcoast! :cool:

I tried one of the Aquila's. They're fine, but I wouldn't stress too much about the wait. They are worth a try, but not great. What is great is the fact that you've found something that makes you happy, now.

I tried one of the Aquila's. They're fine, but I wouldn't stress too much about the wait. They are worth a try, but not great. What is great is the fact that you've found something that makes you happy, now.

Absolutely right, Steve. I thought the new Aquilas might be a lot of hype but some are calling them a game changer. It would have to be a substantial improvement in sound to make me switch.

Top Bottom