Amazing Power of Strings! (Mele Mana’o'io Content)

PedalFreak

Reaction score
I've been trying new strings on my Pono MHTSH for over a year now, trying to find the perfect set for it. I've tried all of the D'Addario & Ko'olau strings.

A month or so ago I bought Aaron C's Mele Mana’o'io strings. Finally put them on my Pono last night. I haven't had this happen in a long time, put them on strung it up, and discovered these are the strings for this instrument. I've loved the sound of my Pono since I got it, but new it was missing something.

The potential that I knew my Pono had was found last night. :) Thanks for putting this set together Aaron!

I love when I finally find the set of strings for an instrument. And it always amazes me that you know exactly when you found it them from just one strum :)

Congrats. I like the Mele Mana’o'io strings as well. I found them a good choice to mellow out the brightness of my MPTSH. I ended up bouncing back and forth between them and Worth Browns. I've planned to try them on my Kamaka tenor for some time, but can't muster the energy (courage) to mess with what I consider to be a fav match for it... Fremont Blacklines. The Mele Mana’o'io's are a bit of a Franken-set given they're pulled from a few other classical sets, but I think they are really balanced string to string. I noticed a slight difference in textures from string to string too. Couldn't been just me though. Didn't bother me and they did sound good.

I just wish they weren't so hard to spell (or say). From now they'll be known as MM's. And now I'm hungry...

Weird! I just bought some Aaron C's Mele Mana’o'io strings myself and put them on my Pono MPTSH on Monday. Ordered them after reading bdukes post. I couldn't get use to the wound C string that came with the Pono. I like these strings much better. They do mellow out the sound . Much heavier and higher tension strings compared to the Aquila strings that I'm use to on my Kanileas.

How much a set are they and where can i get some ?

They are $7.99 a set not including shipping and can be ordered from theukulelesite.com (http://www.theukulelesite.com/accessories/strings/aaron-c-strings.html).

Darn it they are only available in tenors, I ordered some worth clears though, I have to get out of this aquila loop i'm stuck in, mainly because aquilas are the only decent strings for sale in the music shops around here, but I have a couple of ukes that need taming a bit so the worths I'm hoping will give me something a bit more mellow.

Top Bottom