I love playing ukes I can't afford :D

RuckMonkey

Reaction score
There is almost nothing more fun than spending a weekend with friends, except spending a weekend with friends and playing expensive ukuleles that I can't afford.

I have found out that a Colling's solid koa concert sounds AMAZINGLY sweet, and vintage Martins are awesome. However, the least expensive of the three was the Martin tenor going for a paltry $1250. *sigh* The Collings was amazing but going for $1450. One of these days...

Also, I found a group of folks playing uke together in what appeared to be a uke lesson. Anyone know anything about a group of ukers playing at Cantonville, Md's Appalachian Bluegrass music store?

Mahalo!

Ruck,

If you keep your ear to the ground and your eyes on the web, you can find a vintage Martin or Gibson tenor for less than $800. You will have to be patient and be prepared to pull the trigger when the opportunity arises, but they're out there. Here's my Gibson that I picked up for a very reasonable price, and it sounds and plays outstanding. Decide what you want, save your pennies, and strike when the iron is hot.

DSC_0030.jpg

My my, such prices!

If you keep your ear to the ground and your eyes on the web, you can find a vintage Martin or Gibson tenor for less than $800.

Haha! At this point I'm in the range of being reasonably able to get something up to about $500. If I pay more than that I'd be to scared to take it anywhere with me, and I'm going to need travel with it. Not for gigging (I'm no where near that good!) but just for sanity's sake. I'll be getting sent to places for extended periods of time and won't have access to pretty much anything other than entertainment that I bring with myself.

I'm sure I could get the money together to get myself a nice K' brand, but, I'd never be willing to take that anywhere that I'll eventually be working. This was mostly just an exercise in, "Tee hee hee! They're so preeeetttttyyyyy!!!!" :D

Also, I found a group of folks playing uke together in what appeared to be a uke lesson. Anyone know anything about a group of ukers playing at Cantonville, Md's Appalachian Bluegrass music store?
Mahalo!
I lead the group in Catonsville. What would you like to know?

Top Bottom