Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds cover

gioconbrio

Reaction score
We played an art show last Friday. The projections were a surprise.

good stuff - watched the other vids from the set as well.... always enjoy your shows, looks like you guys know how to have some fun..... and a good thing you're not epileptic with the projections - looks like a challenging environment indeed.....

Thanks for watching. The projections were fun to play with, actually. Made it feel like a rock show.

Nice job.

Random trivia: If you ever see a video of Simple Minds where Charlie is playing a white Fender Strat, I sold it to him :)

Awesome job, guys! (Well, guy and gal.) Was that at a Ukulele Cabaret do or somewhere else?

BTW, your partner (sister?) has really come out of her shell, on this one, man. It's been fun to watch her self confidence pick up over the last couple of years.

John

Nice work. A big song well done

Awesome job, guys! (Well, guy and gal.) Was that at a Ukulele Cabaret do or somewhere else?

BTW, your partner (sister?) has really come out of her shell, on this one, man. It's been fun to watch her self confidence pick up over the last couple of years.

John

Ooh, that would be awkward. That is actually my fiancee. Although I do also post ukulele videos with my sister so that might be the confusion. Sara (sister) is actually the stronger ukulele player of the two but does have a softer stage presence. Diana (fiancee) usually has no issues with being the center of attention. However, her playing has certainly improved over the years. Here's the video form the first time we performed that song for comparison:

Thanks for for watching all this time, by the way. This wasn't at a cabaret but an art show our friend invited us to. It's one of the few times we've performed for an audience of complete strangers. However, it went very well. But you can see in the videos the difference in audience reactions from a ukulele crowd versus an art crowd.

Ooh, that would be awkward. That is actually my fiancee. Although I do also post ukulele videos with my sister so that might be the confusion. Sara (sister) is actually the stronger ukulele player of the two but does have a softer stage presence. Diana (fiancee) usually has no issues with being the center of attention. However, her playing has certainly improved over the years. Here's the video form the first time we performed that song for comparison:

Thanks for for watching all this time, by the way. This wasn't at a cabaret but an art show our friend invited us to. It's one of the few times we've performed for an audience of complete strangers. However, it went very well. But you can see in the videos the difference in audience reactions from a ukulele crowd versus an art crowd.

Ooops! Sorry for the faux pas - I'm blaming it on the dimness and projections...and my aging eyes! Oh...and congrats on the engagement, too!

Great job in any case!

John

We need to start a new channel on YouTube dedicated to 1980s Covers on the ukulele.
...I got dibs on covering "We Belong" by Pat Benatar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom