I got paid to write about Ukulele!

Loved the story... keep writing!

Thanks. Yeah, ukes are fun, guitars are work.

I have bought ukes from all over, but I got my Epiphone Les Paul from Sam Ash.

Face it folks, ukes are mainstream. Probably much to the dismay of hardcore guitar players.

Ho! Great story, Brah!!!

Glad you found the uke and the Ukulele Underground! This is the best site for all things ukulele! Hope to see you around the Forums! As the Man of Mystery(mm stan) would say, "Happy Strummings!!!"

You sir, write a thoughtful paragraph. Glad you're playing the ukulele.

Thanks for the kind words. I have never met such a helpful group of people. My first Ukefest was in Reno this year and everyone just wants to make you have more fun and be a better player! I plan on posting a youtube with me playing a couple songs on my Kala Pocket. It's too much fun.

I am hooked. Hard

:D

Yeah, ukes are fun, guitars are work.
Pretty much. As a long time classical guitar player, yes, it takes a lot of dedication and work.

When I won a tenor uke in a drawing from the place where I'd bought a guitar, I thought it would be a lark. (Little did I know!)

One day my husband said he wanted to ask me a serious question... Why do you play that thing so much instead of one of your "real" guitars?

And I just said, "Because it's fun!" :D

Face it folks, ukes are mainstream. Probably much to the dismay of hardcore guitar players.
I think most people who play guitar are quite open to other stringed instruments and can appreciate other players for actually playing.

A great read. My own story is similar, except a friend taught me not my dad, but even our time frames were about the same.

I really enjoyed reading that.

Nice Story Scott,
Glad your writing gig may pay for your next uke....let me say this, I believe it is the other way around for me and others I heard from...the ukulele enhances your guitar skills as well
you will notice that your picking and strumning will improve on the guitar.....Happy Strummings....

Great article! Fun indeed!

Top Bottom