Power Ukulele Jamming at Kona Airport

rar jungle

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a little video of the Power Uke in action. What is a Power Ukulele, you may ask? (Old fashioned, acoustic purists, please avert your eyes and ears now) I took a name brand ukulele with good intonation and decent quality, and married it with a name brand mini-amplifier, with equally good quality and sound. It sounds amazing and goes at least twice as loud as a normal acoustic ukulele. It also can be adjusted to play with distortion. For more background, details and pics of this ukulele visit my old Ukulele Underground thread thread: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?61862-full-moon-taimane-gardner-encounter or send me a message, etc...
Sorry about the "poweruke.com" that got stuck on the screen. I am just learning this video program, and couldn't figure out how to get it off, after I tried putting it on. Lol.

Haha! All the cops at the Kona airport seem like they are really cool. That's classic.

Haha, that's awesome! Good luck with the project. Why don't we have cool Five-O's like that in my area! :)

Thanks! What area do you live in? Yeah, Five-0's can seem kind of gruff at times, or worse, but really they all have hearts of gold. Ya just got to pull out your uku when you see them. I always carry an ukulele in my front seat when I am driving, in case I get pulled over speeding or whatevers.

Haha! All the cops at the Kona airport seem like they are really cool. That's classic.

He's a pretty good player too. And he introduced me to another cop there that is super, super bad ass player! I just got the video tonight. This other dude played the sweetest stuff on the Power Ukulele, while he was on break. Oh man. I'll try and get that clip posted soon. Maybe tomorrow or the next day I'll have the clip of the other Officer playing.

Thanks! What area do you live in? Yeah, Five-0's can seem kind of gruff at times, or worse, but really they all have hearts of gold. Ya just got to pull out your uku when you see them. I always carry an ukulele in my front seat when I am driving, in case I get pulled over speeding or whatevers.

I'm in Toronto, Canada. Most of the cops here seem to have a "GOD" complex. You give them a badge and a gun and it goes to their heads. There are the odd handful that are really nice.

I'll be on da Big Island staying in the Kona area in July, just in time for the Waikoloa Rubber Duckie Race on the 4th. lol

I'm in Toronto, Canada. Most of the cops here seem to have a "GOD" complex. You give them a badge and a gun and it goes to their heads. There are the odd handful that are really nice.

I'll be on da Big Island staying in the Kona area in July, just in time for the Waikoloa Rubber Duckie Race on the 4th. lol

Yeah, I know what you mean about the God complex thing. I think they are just scared deep inside, and they try to hide it with the God like front. But anyways in Hawaii the cops are much mellower than the mainland, which is nice.

Wow rubber duckie race? Do you have high powered one or something? If not maybe that will be my next invention.

Top Bottom