My wife has pregnant. so i want to play uke song for baby.

ugongmk

Reaction score
Hi all,

could you recommend good and easy song for baby?

my uke skill is beginner.

but if you recommend good music, i can practice it:)

have a nice day!

and Good KARMA:)

Last edited:
Hello ugongmk

First off, Congratulations! How exciting.

I'm sure you will get tons of suggestions, but you can always strum C - Am - Dm - G. That's the so-called 1625 progression, very comforting. Or, change the key to F - Dm - Gm - C. You can sing Blue Moon to it.....

Cheers
Chief

yeah brother I know a couple, one called "Hey, Little Brand New Baby" by Tom Paxton (I think) and another called "Nothin But A Child" by Steve Earle. Pete Seeger has one called "Little Fat Baby" which is gorgeous and very moving too...

Congrats!

Our daughter is nine weeks old, so I'm only a little bit ahead of you. Maeve loves any song finger-picked, especially Ken Middleton's arrangement of "I'll Fly Away." I think the tab is still on his site.

Otherwise, I don't think it matters so much what you play. Man, wait until you see him/her watching you -- it's pretty much the best thing ever.

Cheers.

Cognition aside, I would say that if I was going to be a dad I would want my kid to hear all the wonderful things Mr. Woodrow Wilson Guthrie gave us...including many children's songs, none of them hard to play. Great thread over in the video section showing just precisely how to do so on an ukulele.
And Congratulations!

Brahm's Lullaby will soothe that baby into a deep slumber.

May as well order a Makala Dolphin for the kid now :)

May as well order a Makala Dolphin for the kid now :)
Yeah, that'll allow for the strings to settle properly - and perhaps dad-to-be to get the whole Dolphin set up a bit (adjust action, maybe some new Aquilas, ....) :p

Anyway, I always refused to buy any baby presents before the baby was actually born - pregnancy is a mystery and zillions of things could happen along that journey...

Top Bottom