James Hill Signature Model G-String uke

upskydowncloud

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't normally pay much attention to James Hill but I was looking at his website after someone posted a question in the beginners part of the forum. I came across the James Hill Signature uke from G-string, the style isn't my sort of thing but I really like the slotted headstock.

What do you think? Worth $2000?

http://www.ukulelejames.com/signature_model.htm

If you like the ukulele....ABSOLUTELY! A custom g-string will cost you $2k+ anyway.

+1 and a wait as well. I wonder what the difference is between the custom and the off the shelf G strings because I have not been to impressed with the few that i have played.

I haven't played one, but my good friend has. He said it wasn't anything special. So, before you spend the money, I would be sure to try one out (if you haven't already).

the guy who owns and builds wai'olu 'ukulele made all the james hill models for g-string

guys stop with the neg g-string comments...i have one coming in soon ='( your making me really sad.

Not knocking G-string but if you are going to spend 2 large and it is not your style??? I mean you can get a slotted headstock on alot of ukes, esspecially for that kind of money.

It is a very cool looking uke though.

i havent played a custom but the regular g strings are pretty cool theres always intonation problems with em. but they are pretty looud.

Nothing like fixing intonation with more volume, need to remeber that when I have a bad day building ukes. just crank the amps to 11.

I have a custom G-string cutaway model. Great sound and playability.

i havent played a custom but the regular g strings are pretty cool theres always intonation problems with em. but they are pretty looud.
soobz, I'm with you. I have a tenor G-String. The intonation was way off. I had to re-router my saddle slot. It good now. Sound good too, but I shouldn't have had to mess with that stuff for $900.00....e.lo...

i just got the standard 500$ uke.

Thats cool but I was talking about the James Hill uke in the original post. I have nothing good or bad to say about G string, i'm sure they are better than any uke I have. I wish I had one to be honest. Maybe when you get it we can get a DC area meet up and I can see it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom