Storing songbooks on laptop

Kimosabe

Reaction score
I sadly have to move to Oahu and consequently am ridding myself of most possessions as I will live in a small but beautiful apartment there.

I have transferred all my cds to my computer and have sold them. Now I am planning to move my song books to my computer; the songs I really enjoy playing, songs from fakebooks.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how to do it quickly and efficiently?

Someone suggested taking photos of the pages,using a tripod to hold the camera, rathering than scanning. Anyone have any experience getting them to be the right size and easily accessible? I have a Macbook Pro, my first computer.

I'm really getting into down-sizing. I've lived in Tokyo and know what a four tatami apartment is like. thanks

Last edited:
"We're gonna move!"

Scanning to PDF might be a good idea. Most multi-purpose printers usually come with the software to help you through the process. PDFs are more flexible when it comes to editing than jpgs (photos).

Good luck with the move! (ever heard Loudon Wainwright's "Cardboard Boxes" song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTN6iI_WE8k

someone was able to scan my 3-hole punched, double-sided performance songbook into ONE single pdf file.
As such, I am able to copy it on to a micro SD card to be read by my Nook Color running CyanogenMod7
and 'reading' it at one-page-per-screen quite well.

I prefer a songbook as a single pdf file so I can advance or retreat through the file vs having to open and
close each song and then looking for the 'next' title. :)

For group use, I think a larger screen (8 inch, 9.7 inch, or 10.1+) would be more useful due to the sight
distance, but the 7 inch screen of my Nook Color is fine for personal use.

BTW, I'm still carrying around my big 3-ring binder. The large print of the physical pages are just too nice
to read from. I'm in withdrawal from them.

keep uke'in',

I have almost all my music scanned to pdf. I mostly use an iPad, but they work well on a pc too.

Top Bottom