Anybody played one of these? Pretty... but how does it sound?

Just buy looking, they will sound cheap. they are Nato wood, so cardboard. they are pretty with the laser custs and stuff, but the screw on bridge is a dead giveaway that it is a crap-a-lele.

Looks like it'd be something to place on a bookshelf. As for actual playing, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

cute, too bad it's over $25... btw, I think nato is an actual kind of wood, not cardboard or even particle board... I think it's used as a cheap alternative to mahogany because it is so plentiful and can actually be used to make solid wood instruments... probably can just as easily be used for laminate instruments too

Nato wood comes from Mora trees and is also, referred to as Eastern Mahogany. It is similar in color to Mahogany but, does not at all have the same tone quality or other similarities.

Nyatoh wood, is a readily available higher quality tropical hardwood with a similar appearance to Mahogany or Cherry wood which is used a lot by Chinese and Korean Guitar makers.

Most inexpensive ukulele's can be made to sound decent with a good Set Up.

Last edited:
I have to agree with what's been said above – for $80, you probably aren't going to get a good quality uke (but then again, dolphins seem to be popular on this forum). It looks pretty enough to be used as a wall hanger, but with that price tag, not pretty enough for me.

Top Bottom