Something video

tpourciau

Reaction score
I think i put this in the wrong section, so i moved it here too.

So i have been playing Ukulele for 3 weeks now and decided to post this video. This was learned from Dominator's tab(thanks!). A couple rough spots, but not too bad. Uke is a Lanikai CK-6E that I removed the octave strings from making it a 4 string because I couldn't pick single notes very well with 6 stings. Feedback appreciated.

Thanks, yes i bought the Uke on vacation in Hawaii a few weeks ago. I have been playing guitar for 20 years or so, but never a nylon string classical guitar. I have always played with a pick. This thing is a whole lot of fun.

Having a guitar background is really an advantage! Just curious, why would you choose a 6-string uke in the first place?

I knew nothing about Ukulele's ecept that i wanted one as a souvenir of my trip to Hawaii. I went to a Ukulele store and played a bunch. This one was louder and fuller sounding than the rest when strumming chords. I really like it for strumming things. Then i realized i could play classical guitar type fingerpicked stuff on it. That is difficult with the six string setup. Looks like i will be getting a 4 string soon so i can put the 6 back on this one.

Nicely played! This was the first instrumental song I learned too. Dominator is the man.

Top Bottom