My Griffin Uke in it's finishing stages.

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Brian posted photos of his final polishing of the three tenors and highlighted mine today.. I saw them first hand and they are .. I can't find the words to adequately describe them.

Holding a custom uke has a whole different feel. So many hours of loving concentration and patience definitly is left by the maker; a bit of his soul. I feel blessed.

I'm gettin' kind of excited...

http://www.griffinukuleles.com/blog.html

"The Patrick" certainly looks like an awesome instrument.

Great - everyone loves it. When I figure out how to post pictures, I will. (I realize how inept that sounds.)

Oh.. That's lovely. I especially like the grain pattern on the back. Congrats.

Thank you Canoe. I feel this is the culmination of 52 years of playing, looking for that perfect feel of the neck and an instrument I want carried thru future generations of family in my name. It sure has brought back memories of old instruments and old times and anxious to get going on the new times.

Many stringed instruments have left these hands; Patrick will never part.

Last edited:
The only nitpick at all about this awesome uke and the build process unfolding is that I wanted to see a pic of you roaming around Brian's shop checking out your new Patrick :)

Beautiful, classy looking dame there. Congratulations, you deserve it.

Congrats! I've got a Mya Moe due here the day after tomorrow and can't believe the suspense!

Congrats again!

You must be thrilled. What a beautiful looking instrument!

That uke is looking great. I've been eyeing one of those pinecones for a little while myself.

I really hope that you do a full review.

Brian has been helping me choose sound board woods and tools for my next semi-kit build (stewmac kit with a spruce top and some simple binding). He works with House and Mill tone woods as well as building. He's been very generous with his advice, and I hope that he gets some more attention here on UU. He deserves it!

Congrats! I've got a Mya Moe due here the day after tomorrow and can't believe the suspense!

Congrats again!

Congrats Kim. I've been watching your build. Seems it went really quick.. well except for you lol. That's a good word, suspense. I'm itching to take that first strum.

That uke is looking great. I've been eyeing one of those pinecones for a little while myself.

I really hope that you do a full review.

Brian has been helping me choose sound board woods and tools for my next semi-kit build (stewmac kit with a spruce top and some simple binding). He works with House and Mill tone woods as well as building. He's been very generous with his advice, and I hope that he gets some more attention here on UU. He deserves it!

I may have my eye on one of his concert Pinecones too. There's only three being made and one has already been sold so ya better be quick Jamie lol.

Brian is one of the most generous men I have met. He's taught me a lot in the short time I've known him. I have never felt such kinship with an instrument than I do with my Griffins. I think it has a lot to do with his nature and the love of making a fine instrument that will be cherished 100 years from now. The weeks and weeks of Frendh Polishing doesn't hurt either.

I'm looking forward to your uke build. House and Mill is another treasure that uke luthiers will find. Unbelievable woods.

Yep, thanks to Patrick I've taken the plunge with a pinecone and I'll be getting my pick of the litter :nana: I'm looking forward to it! Yes, can't wait to see your review on the tenor Patrick. Thanks!

Top Bottom