Relist! Selling my KoAloha Collection

Hilegend

Reaction score
Sorry for not following the guidelines. I couldn't attach photos because i was posting from my iPad.
I am selling these because I have too many ukes and need some money.
The reason I have a lot of KoAloha is because I worked for a shop.

These are all brand new in the box which i got from KoAloha directly.

I have some discontinued models and new current models.

2pcs KSM-00 Soprano Gloss (old discontinued models, 1 using 1pc front/back wood)
1pc KCM-10 Concert Pikake
3pcs KCM-00 Concert Gloss
2pcs KCM-02 Concert Gloss Longneck (1 is older bow tie bridge)
2pcs KTM-00 Tenor (1 is older bow tie bridge)

Prices are:
KSM-00 $450 shipped no case MSRP is $600
KCM-10 $600 shipped no case MSRP is $800
KCM-00 $650 shipped no case MSRP is $840
KCM-02 $750 shipped no case MSRP is $980
KTM-00 $800 shipped no case MSRP is $1,050

Most of these ukuleles have nicer finish than the usual open grain finish that KoAloha does. These are all brand new and have the factory warranty.

I can email more pictures to those interested.

Ukulele will be shipped USPS Express mail with insurance or local pickup on O'ahu.

Payment can be made throuh Paypal and fees are paid by buyer(if using credit).

Thank you!
Isaac
Geararms@hotmail.com

all.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! I had three questions.
1. Is there a difference between a concert pikake and a concert gloss, other than the finish?
2. Is there some way to identify which uke is which in the photo? All things being equal in terms of sound, I'd want to pick the one with the grain I like the most.
3. I'm probably most interested in a concert longneck, but I haven't had the chance to compare a KoAloha concert longneck with a "normal" KoAloha concert. Does the longer scale of the longneck have a noticable effect on the sound/tone?
Thanks!

Hi! I had three questions.
1. Is there a difference between a concert pikake and a concert gloss, other than the finish?
2. Is there some way to identify which uke is which in the photo? All things being equal in terms of sound, I'd want to pick the one with the grain I like the most.
3. I'm probably most interested in a concert longneck, but I haven't had the chance to compare a KoAloha concert longneck with a "normal" KoAloha concert. Does the longer scale of the longneck have a noticable effect on the sound/tone?
Thanks!

Hi MDS725,

Let me answer your questions;
1. The difference between the pikake concert and normal concert other than the finish is that the pikake's fretboard is a straight cut while the concert has the 5 point end on the fretboard. Basically only cosmetic difference and the specs are same.

2. The concert longnecks are the 2 right pieces with the sidegear tuners. Pikake concert is the very left one. Bottom 2 and top piece are normal Concerts and the 4 pcs in the middle are the sopranos.

3. To me the longneck give the uke more sustain and a slight deeper tone. I believe they are low g setup but I can swap the to high g if you prefer. I can also send you more pictures of the longneck if you want to choose between the 2.

I hope that answered your questions!

Thanks,
Isaac

Bump to top with price drop! Sold a few ukes and added 2 tenors.

Damn dude. Nice collection!

Man, that's close to 10 Grand in ukes there. I just wonder how on earth you could have afforded that, and where can I get the same job as you.

Man, that's close to 10 Grand in ukes there. I just wonder how on earth you could have afforded that, and where can I get the same job as you.

If you search on his name, you'll find his job is selling his "collections" on eBay...just sayin'

The reason I have a lot of KoAloha is because I worked for a shop.
[/ATTACH]

Well, then either KoAloha pays an awful lot, or you've been helping yourself to some inventory!

If you search on his name, you'll find his job is selling his "collections" on eBay...just sayin'

Or, it could just be this ...

Sigh. I guess you know the uke has hit the big time when predators start to pop up.

When he first appeared I sent a PM to seeso, explaining that, whilst I have absolutely nothing to do with the forum policies regarding the selling of Ukes, I do take exception to someone deliberately trying to mislead me. If you want to sell something to someone you say "I have this thing, I want this much for it...do you want to buy it ?". I see no need whatsoever to claim that a large number of duplicated, brand new and boxed Ukes are anything other than "stock" and I find it personally insulting that someone would think so little of a group of strangers that they'd think "here's a bunch of suckers, they'll fall for it". From what I've seen, I can't imagine the mods having an issue with someone selling anything so long as they are up front and honest about it.

Anyway, it's out in the open now, so people can make their own decisions about whether or not to buy one of these. Just remember that at least one of the ones listed on ebay were "seconds".

Bk, to your point, there's another seller on UU Marketplace now, and consistently over the past six months at least, selling every single high end and middle end ukulele imaginable. Everything from Kamakas to Breedlove to Ponos to Koalohas. At least 20k worth of ukuleles have been offered for sale (some have sold). Clearly this peroson is a dealer. Yet, they continue to write on every single ad, "I"m saving up for a custom ukulele." Yeah right... you're saving up for paying off your mortgage....who you kidding?

SO, I'm with ya, BK. Honesty, or no transaction at all.

Top Bottom