For Sale - Kiwaya KTS-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

didgeridoo2

Reaction score
I am selling my Kiwaya KTS-5 that I bought from MGM last year. This is the second of two ukes I am selling to help pay for another uke. While I am going to regret selling this because it is such a sweet soprano, I know that I don't play it enough to warrant keeping it. This is solid mahogany, has 17 frets and is styled after vintage Martin ukes. It is extremely light and incredibly lively. Intonation is spot on up to the soundhole and there is some sustain even at the 17th fret. It comes with a Koolau hardcase. There are a couple of issues that I feel I should mention, but don't bother me whatsoever. There is a small pock mark at the bridge below the C string slot that I probably caused when restringing, although I don't remember it. It's a small indentation and the finish isn't compromised at all. I attempted to photo it. Also, there is a small ding on the treble side of the upper bout that I think I clunked it lightly on my desk or something. Very difficult to photo and again, no finish damage, just a dent. The uke is very clean, but it has been played (by James Hill, too!), but there are no scratches or cracks.

SOLD

P1100542.jpgP1100543.jpgP1100544.jpgP1100545.jpgP1100546.jpg

Last edited:
P1100547.jpgP1100548.jpgP1100549.jpg

Here are some other pics. I tried to capture the pock mark. It's too difficult capturing a true image of the other ding.

Last edited:
The Kiwaya KTS series are most definitely player's ukes. Spot on intonation, great wood, great sound, great frets. Built like they meant it. Just thought I'd throw in my .02.

Neal, you were a big influence to me when I originally bought it. Your videos are inspiring and I know from reading your posts here and other places how much you love your Kiwayas. I am sure I will regret letting this one go...

Just have the one, KTS-6, but wouldn't hesitate to recommend this model, it's the same, but no binding. Thank you for the nod, btw!

Bump with a price drop. I'm surprised I haven't even had a nibble on this one. Such a sweet soprano.

Last edited:
Price dropped. It's hard to believe I haven't heard from anyone on this. Lots of people looking, but nothing. This price does include shipping and a hard case.

Last edited:
I have to imagine the lack of response means the price is a bit high, because the uke is fantastic. Price lowered again.

Last edited:
this is a great uke at a great price. I have the KTC-1, a concert model, and it is a great Martin style uke, I actually liked it more than my Martin so I sold the Martin. you go down any more and I'll buy it as I can not pass up on such a bargain on a great uke.

List is 690 now, street is somewhere under, but nowhere near 475. Lucy's is asking 659 new. Maybe folks are under the impression that the longboard affects the sound. It doesn't.

***I am not affiliated with the OP, or Kiwaya 'Ukulele.

Thanks for the support folks. It makes me pause on whether to unload it at all, but the little time I have to play at all anymore is spent on my tenor and concert when I teach. I know there will be a time when I regret selling it, but I have another tenor on the way and responsibility says I should sacrifice it to make room. If I get no takers at this price, I'll keep it.

Can I just say this is killing me? :) I'm putting my final payment down on my custom tomorrow, otherwise I would snap this up. The KTS-5 was my top candidate for my 17-or-more fret soprano; unfortunately the one at the shop didn't sound nearly as nice as yours.

I almost suggested it to you back then, but wasn't quite ready to give it up. Sorry to have missed channels on it, janeray. What did you order?

Hang in there, didgeridoo2. That is a great price, somebody will go for that sweet uke. Kiwayas are a class act and the right home just hasn't seen your listing yet. I'll give you a bit more of a bump. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom