Lesson Learned - Instrument Case vs Performance Location

jonyoon

Reaction score
This past Sunday, I guest hosted at one of the best and longest running open mics in the Seattle area (Conor Byrne Pub in Ballard). I have my uke in the original gig bag that came with it when I bought it and I usually keep my uke with me at all times, except this time when I left it in a corner with other instruments that musicians were stashing until it was their turn to perform.

I discovered later in the night that someone shamelessly spilled beer onto my case and as a result of it, it also got the uke pretty soaked. I was able to dry it off, but I'm still working on getting the smell out of both uke and gig bag.

Lessons learned from that night:

- Be aware of where I stash my stuff next time. As the host, I could have stuck my stuff behind the bar where it would have been safer.

- Get a better case that can withstand stuff like spilled booze (The Mono M80 is something I'm definitely going to buy now - http://ukeunderground.bigcartel.com/product/mono-m80-ukulele-case)

- Drunk people need to drink with sippy cups.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. A lesson hard learned. Ukuleles and drunks don't mix.

Who says ukuleles and drunks don't mix!?
Well, when you are both? Best time ever....especially if you record it and watch it the next day. Whooooo!!!!!
:)

When I'm drunk, I make it a point to never spill my drink on an ukulele. (Actually, I make it a point to never spill my drink.)

Top Bottom