Favorite uke in collection

Hmm, I have a great deal of sentimental value towards my Kamaka and Kamoa ukes, but if I could keep only one, it would probably be my KoAloha.

Someone once told me that three or more of anything counts as a collection, so I guess my three ukes qualify. The one that gets played the most and goes everywhere with me is my Kamaka pineapple.

This one
front.jpg
1940 Martin Style 3M...if you want to know how I know exactly what year it is, I am happy to share. Older than me Dad...who I love slightly more than this uke :)

hmmm ... Makai or Kanilea ... decisions, decisions ... ok, yup, gotta go with the Kanilea:eek:

My Ohana SK-25Z gets played daily.

I cherish my Glyph Custom Tenor, but my KoAloha long neck soprano is right up there with it.

I love my mya moe!

I have some really nice ukes, so it's hard to pick a favorite... but my Martin Style 0 is the one I go to most right now.

DSCF0063.jpgDSCF0056.jpgDSCF0057.jpg

These were my first ukes and I'm a sentimental old fool :eek:

I am also quite sentimental, so the Kamaka I bought on Maui will always be in my heart, but I must say my Moore Bettah is sharing the spot right next to it.

I can't get it down to 1 I have to give 2 because I can't choose between the 2 which one I like best sorry. So I have to say my Kamaka HF-3 and my Kanilea super concert.

Probably my Style 3 Martin. I've loved the looks of that model since I first started playing, and finally got a good deal on one.
I also really love my Gibson Uke 3 (which is "in hospital" right now, having a back brace re-glued and a couple of bits of new wood grafted onto its bridge). It's about the same age as the Martin (right around 1930), and while it doesn't sound quite as good, it is significantly less common. So it gets serious cool-factor points!

I love my Pono, but my favorite uke is my Johnny Marvin. I've never played a single instrument like it, it just begs to sing. Over eighty years and thousands of miles old, and it's still singing loud and clear. Amazing.

P8230026.jpg

My Griffin Tenor. I have a few high end ukes but the Griffin has such a deep, mellow tone and the neck plays like baduh; so much so I'm possibly selling my others as I don't play them like I do the Griffin. I reach for him first.

Griffinukuleles.com

Top Bottom