New Uke Day... It's Peeling :O

rjscheuerle

Reaction score
I got an Oscar Schmidt OU5 on eBay new with a gig bag and aquila strings for $129 including shipping. I thought it was a pretty good deal for my first uke. It sounds real nice and I'm happy with how it sounds but it came and one edge is peeling on the fretboard. What should I do? Should I return it? Reglue it myself? Bring it to a music repair shop to see what they can do? Or Call Oscar Schmidt? It is in a real inconvenient place right under the 3rd fret too so I also end up rubbing against it. It feels like scotch tape peeling off.photo.jpg

Great picture- I would send that directly to Oscar Schmidt and see what they can do about replacing it...bummer on a first Uke but keep on playing!

If it was sold as new, that is not acceptable. I'd try the shop first for a no cost return. If they refuse, I recall eBay / PayPal are pretty good with dispute resolution,

Don't try to fix it.

Oscar comes with a lifetime warrantee. They will honor it. Rest assured, if you get no satisfaction from the seller, you can call Oscar Schmidt and they will replace it.

Don't try to fix it.

Oscar comes with a lifetime warrantee. They will honor it. Rest assured, if you get no satisfaction from the seller, you can call Oscar Schmidt and they will replace it.

Only too the original owner on a uke purchased from an authorised dealer , contact the e bay seller and OS , you may end up using pay pal who should get you a rebate no problem . Don't try to repair it but do get it replaced, totally unacceptable.

Congrats on your first uke. I know you'll get it resolved... let us know how it turns out.

Top Bottom