MGM stretching out Savarez

Kekani

Reaction score
I apologize if these 46 second videos are too Mickey Mouse to post, but I have my new camera and I'm having fun (playing at the lowest resolution).

For those that have been keeping up, MGM is tasked with "testing" Savarez' strings that they plan on packaging into `ukulele sets. So far, for tenor, the straight up Alliances work better.

More to come.

-Aaron

I like the tone, so when dey goin be available?

Actually, the "original" strings they sent, so far, are not so good. Those strings are a combination of Alliance 541R and 544R swapped in, which, are very good.

-Aaron

aww the video is gone

Savarez Alliance classical guitar strings have been my favorite for over 10 years. I purchase the singles which are long enough for two concerts, or a tenor and a concert, so if you own both ukes, the strings come out pretty cheap. These are carbon strings and tend to feel a bit on the harder side which helps with sustain. I use the normal tension 541R, 542R, and 543R for A, E, C and high tension 541J for G in re-entrant tuning. They are also thinner than say Aquila which some may find a bit too sore on their fingers. I say suck it up and just play, ha! The strings are bright in sound, which may not be for everone or every instrument. They also have good sustain and clarity and are quite durable.

I have used these strings on Soprano to Baritone (in different arrangement). Since these strings are higher tension than other strings like Hilo, make sure your uke is built to handle the extra tension.

Top Bottom