Not a good year for production

Timbuck

Reaction score
I'm almost halfway into 2012 and I've only made 2 sopranos this year so far :(...Can some one come round to my place and give me a good kick up the jaxie? to get me motivated:eek:...I have! profiled 16 necks in the lathe today tho' ;) tomorrow i'll advance another step I have a bunch of parts ready for assembly. (thats if I can get in the right mood)

I know he feeling Ken, but a kick from me, 300 miles away, wouldn't have much umpphh by the time it got that far north! ;)

How about a thump on the side of the head? Would that be as effective? :)
How about a snap of a wet towel on the back of your legs? A hurtz donut or an Indian burn? How about a fishwife's rant? How about a coach yelling "drop and give me 20, then run around the field twice."

Or how about someone nice saying, "Please, sir, we want more. Please make more Timms Style 0 ukes. I hear they are fantabulous and I'd love to have a uke of such quality." Would that work? :)

Rise up, Motivation. Rise up...and walk!

How about a thump on the side of the head? Would that be as effective? :)
How about a snap of a wet towel on the back of your legs? A hurtz donut or an Indian burn? How about a fishwife's rant? How about a coach yelling "drop and give me 20, then run around the field twice."

Or how about someone nice saying, "Please, sir, we want more. Please make more Timms Style 0 ukes. I hear they are fantabulous and I'd love to have a uke of such quality." Would that work? :)

Rise up, Motivation. Rise up...and walk!
Well that's got me sexually aroused...Not bad ! considerating i'm approaching my 73rd birthday...Thanks!:).....Sven! I'll sort you out at Hollesley..wear something black preferably in leather :drool:

Last edited:
Ken, Because I think so highly of you and your abilities I figured you might utilize this little machine to help bring you out of your funk

http://toolmonger.com/2007/09/29/ass-kicking-machine-well-kicks-ass/

Hope it helps. I bet you could whip one of these babies out in no time.
By the way, I really like your string/nut layout tool. My Stew/Mac is gathering dust

Things have improved this weekend.....I now have one soprano 60% completed...profiled 16 necks in the lathe yesterday and 16 rosewood fretboards slotted today.:D

I understand the resistance that can come with any art form. What you do is just go out to the shop, tell yourself you'll just go fart around for 15 minutes say so you don't have any baggage from "should" and "have to". This will give the Muse time to finish up her cuppa, see you are in the right place, come sit on your shoulder, and bam! there's your enthusiasm and inspiration and before you know it there are 16 uke bodies glued up.

Also, I think you it would be great if you made a couple of pineapples. :cool:

hi Ken, sorry to hear of the motivation issues. I remember last year you posted something similar too...why aren't you motivated is the question. Are you no longer enjoying building as you once did? Has it become more formulaic and less of an artistic endeavour? Once you know the answer to that question things might be clearer for you. You didn't ask for advice exactly but why not try out something different in the workshop, a different model...a change is as good as a holiday so they reckon. Cheers mate

hi Ken, sorry to hear of the motivation issues. I remember last year you posted something similar too...why aren't you motivated is the question. Are you no longer enjoying building as you once did? Has it become more formulaic and less of an artistic endeavour? Once you know the answer to that question things might be clearer for you. You didn't ask for advice exactly but why not try out something different in the workshop, a different model...a change is as good as a holiday so they reckon. Cheers mate
I just spent the last couple of months restoring an old Lathe..I enjoyed every minute of that project....Last year I built the Pallet uke as a project..and the year before I built a CNC router machine..in the end I get back to uke's again:)

Finally got one completed :D with two more to follow shortly..Dark Mahogany soprano .. timber supplied by Pete (thanks Pete)..I'll put it on E-bay tonight and see if ukuleles are still in demand :rolleyes:
PICT0003-21.jpg

Last edited:
thats a highly attractive uke. you'll be posting the ebay link as well right?

I think you need an apprentice.

Top Bottom