UU Wallpaper

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Ok, this probably isn't the right place to put this. But then again, where is ?

I'm working on something for a friend and testing my lighting rig and textures, and thought I'd play around with the UU Logo for a bit of fun.

I don't know who holds the copyright on the UU logo or if they'd mind me fiddling with it, but at the first sign of a mob with pitchforks, Ukuleles and burning torches, I'll take it down.

Anyway, this is the first stage. It needs grass, plants, lighting adjustments, material adjustments and a realistic environment...but so far I've only spent 30 minutes on it and need to know how badly it sucks before I continue.

uu.jpg

Back to drawing board, Needs more room between the last E and the uke. What do you think yourself big K ?

good start! perhaps less shadows/lighting on the 'underground'. it's a little difficult to make out.

This one was uploaded here some years ago, I post it as a screenshot since I'm not the author and don't have permission to distribute it, but it might be found with a search?

Screen Shot 2012-05-31 at 1.57.07 PM.jpg

It's a great start! I like the three-dimensionailty of it. But I agree with tinman -- If I didn't already know that the second word was "underground," I wouldn't have been able to tell what the word was. For branding purposes, the logo has to be clear to people who aren't already familiar with what the logo represents.

It's a great start! I like the three-dimensionailty of it. But I agree with tinman -- If I didn't already know that the second word was "underground," I wouldn't have been able to tell what the word was. For branding purposes, the logo has to be clear to people who aren't already familiar with what the logo represents.

Thanks. The problem is that I didn't have time to create a true outline font, and had to modify the font used in "UKULELE" by removing the front & back caps, leaving the extruded walls too thin to be really noticeable. I'll have a bit more of a fiddle over the weekend.

I actually like this wallpaper, but the word ground seems to be a bit dark while Ukulele has a plain old white background.

It's very nice though.

Ta. It's just a work in progress at the moment, something familiar to fiddle with while I was testing a new lighting rig. I intend having a ground plane with grass for the top section to sit on, with "UNDERGROUND" underneath. The white floor plane is just a simple shadowcatcher to give me an idea of shadow density and ambient occlusion settings.

At some point I'll remodel parts of the Ukulele, and retexture it. I'm still undecided about making it all one, plain or reflective, texture.

Just another wallpaper while fiddling with the PoHo LoGo and depth of field. The PoHo is a fun shape to play with.

poho_dof.jpg

Top Bottom