Thankyou...

H

Hippie Dribble

hi gang

wanted to share an amazing experience I've just had, as a way to say yet again why this place is the friendliest, loveliest and most fun place on the internet..

got a ticket in the mailbox the other day with my name on it saying there was a parcel to pick up. Funny, I thought, I haven't ordered anything. Drove on into the town and the woman said, "it's international, you have to sign for it"...the mind starts to really tick into overdrive now...

Got outside and it's a big rectangular box. Ok, I've seen these a few times before but normally only when I've bought something. Then I see the name 'MaryMac' on the box as the sender and I kinda started to go a bit numb...that feeling you get when your just dumbfounded and lost for words.

Turned out to be a stunning mainland mahogany baritone ukulele: a gift from some of my friends HERE. Speechless guys, thankyou. It has barely left my hands since I got her. I feel beyond grateful to you all, and especially to Stan, who has become my dearest closest friend and special Bruddah to me since I joined, for organising the whole thing...

yeah it's been a rough 8 months or so poor health, family stress, loss of employment. I've been down pretty hard, emotionally and physically, but sheesh, you folks sure know how to brighten a guy's day. So thankyou to STAN, MARY, BILL, JOHN, BO, DIANE, DIRK, TONY, RALF, CAM, DAVE, GLENN, GINNY, CRAIG, ROX and SCOTT. If I could plant a big sloppy one on ya's all I would, but for now a virtual hug is the best I can do. We all got issues in our lives and I don't deserve this kindness; I am a little embarrassed to even post this but just couldn't let this pass without publicly expressing my gratitude to each of you. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart, this act has touched me deeply.

Here's the first song I recorded on the uke yesterday, sorry, it's not maybe a really appropriate one to dedicate to you guys :eek: but it was the one I happened to be learning and kinda expressing the weird, slightly loose and low mindset of late. I also wrote some notes under the clip telling the YT crew about what you have done...

I just love this place. To say it's my lifeline is an understatement. Thankyou, all of you, for making the UU what it is - to me and so many others. :)

Wow a beautiful uke for a beautiful man :) you deserve it Jon,you are such a wondeful chap, a top notch uke player and allround top man, you offer so much encouragement and pass on your knowledge and support to us.
Hope your health is doing ok, and know even in the tough times you are much loved on here my friend.
I tell you what is funny i belonged to another uke forum, who shall remain nameless and they sneer and look down at us lot on here, yet this amazing gesture just shows what a truly wonderful global community we have here. this place is the best and has the best people .
Anyway Jon you take care my friend and we are all so happy for you :)

What a lovely, heartfelt gift. And what a joyful thank you (pessimistic or no).
Thank YOU Jon for bringing such a generous spirit to the forum. It is no surprise to me that your generosity came back to you in this way. Nonetheless -- your UU pals sure did right.

I'm going to bed with a smile on my face tonight. The world is good.

Last edited:
Aloha Bruddah Jon,
You are an awesome friend, man, and ukulele player.I am glad you are enjoying your mainland baritone from all your UU friends..you have always contributed so much the the UU forums and the Ukulele..but not many are
aware of the ukes, gifts and contributions for ukuleles you have given out yourself....you have a big heart Jonathan
Duncan... I am so pleased you are enjoying your new uke it made tears come down...you give so much good
Karma mate....I am sure you will get better soon and more better days and things will come...Take Care
my friend and happy Strummings... Mahalo to all who made this possible....MM Stan I am honored to call you
my best friend..:)

Last edited:
I'm still pretty new around here but this sort of friendship and kindness really reinforces my overall feelings about this place.

Congratulations Jonathan (my son's name btw) and kudos to the conspirators!

Scooter

If anyone deserves it, Jon, it sure is you. Awesome stuff. Cheers to everyone who made it happen, too.

Another example of why this is such a great forum, with many beautiful, generous people who are willing to help, and share their talents, experience, wisdom and joy with others. Good Karma for sure! Keep strumming Jon, you are a gift to this forum.

Aloha my Bruddah from Down Undah,
It's the least I could do to brighten up one of our dearest friend here on UU. Yeah, Bruddah Stan told me about "THE PLAN" and I was instantly IN. You have brightened up many of our days and it's only fitting that we return the favor.
Me, I'm waiting for my Wixom, 2-3 weeks out, being sent to me on Maui. I'll take it to Honolulu in July to show Stan and to Jam with him and HIS Wixom.
Proud to say I'm your friend,..........................BO........................

Well done, folks. :)

Yet another case of the Aloha spirit on this site. In the time that I have been here, I have both witnessed and been apart of these acts of kindness. And there have been many. Too many to recall.

Most of us have never actually met in person. Yet the friendships that we have made here run deep. We really know very little about each other. But it is truly amazing how deeply we care for one another, especially when times turn tough for someone.

A tip of the cap to those involved. Well done indeed. And Jon, if you didn't know before, now you do. You have touched many of us here with your mere presence, your enviable talent, your humility, and most of all with your fallablity. And please grace us with some more videos with your new baritone.

Jon,
Congratulations! And big kudos to everyone here who donated, especially Stan. I always enjoy your videos.... keep 'em coming buddy!

That is so cool, and shows what a great group of people are on UU. Enjoy the uke!

Haha- leave it to you to muck it up with such a heartfelt thank you, not that I don't appreciate the sentiment...but wait a minute-
For so many of us, it is the very least we can do mate.
You entertain us.
You inspire us.
You encourage us.
You make us smile.
Speaking personally...you are the reason I made my first video, and a big part of why I am still playing. You are an integral part of the coolest bit of the last 20 years my wife and I have had together, and you are teaching me how to play this damn thing from all the way across the world (whether you know it or not).
You have helped lower my blood pressure and stress level to a manageable level (thus keeping me out of prison).

Love you man...
Now play me another song :)

Jiminy hatoff.jpg
Hats off- way off...pants to follow ;)

Well, since TCK has his pants half way off (again....), I'll just keep mine on. But know that we love you and wish the best for you always.

Yeah, what TCK said.
Jon you so deserve it. You are such a generous spirit. I laughed because listening/watching you perform pessimistic brought a smile of joy to face. Reading these darn post brought tears. Enjoy and know you are loved.

Top Bottom