Kala Long Neck Soprano KA-SSLN- Where can I get one?

Total Ukphoria

Reaction score
Saw a review for one of these- but I can't seem to find one for sale anywhere. Is it s new model? An old model?

Anyone?

Just got off the phone with Kala, the KA-SSLN (Tenor neck, Soprano Body, Solid Spruce Top) Was a limited run, not many were made, and from what they saw they were from a couple years ago.

Best chance would to keep checking ebay, and google searches. Or maybe someone here has one they'd want to move :)

I have the Kala KA-SLNG version (Concert Neck Soprano). It's a pretty good Uke. I like it. I carry mine when I travel, strum at the beach, etc. since it is a laminate Uke. So far it has "taken a licking and kept on ticking". Mine sounds near regular Soprano and intonation is good with playability of a Concert.

Ka-ssln

Saw a review for one of these- but I can't seem to find one for sale anywhere. Is it s new model? An old model?

Anyone?

The long (tenor) neck soprano was a limited production model a few years ago. I checked with Kala recently and they had no information on it. I happen to have two of them and would be willing to part with them. Didn't care for them as much as I'd thought I would. Mostly my bad -- I have severe high frequency hearing loss and the sopranos just don't seem to sound good to me. Thought they would be a great travel set (we are senior performing musicians) and I really had to shake the coconut tree to find the second one a couple years ago when they had already gone scarce. Makes a great travel duo -- I sewed two concert size bags together back to back to make a single bag for the two. Would sell separate or together. Both have end pins installed by local shop because I always use straps. One has a piezo pickup installed -- sounds decent but isn't a high-end pickup. I cannot find a mark or blemish on either one. BTW I live in Hawaii.

ka-slng

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago from austinbazaar.com. They're an authorized dealer and it looks like the ka-slng is currently in stock - according to the site. I've bought several ukes from them and am pleased with their service and fast, free shipping. You might check out their package deals if you are interested in a case too.

I wasn't aware the concert neck was a limited run. Enjoying mine. Was holding it when I saw this thread as a matter of fact.

Top Bottom