Need help joining classical forum

Ukuvic12

Reaction score
Hi...I am new to the forum (and new to the uke)...I mentioned in my intro that I am interested in playing (easy to learn) classical music on the uke. I see there is a "classical group" forum on this site...but can't seem to navigate the right buttons to join. Aany assistance would be appreciated. Also looking for tabs for Eric Satie's music.

Thanks and peace.

Ukuvic

I think there's a bit of a "waiting" period when you are new to the site... maybe after you've posted ~10 times, you start to get more privileges, like joining groups.

My advice is: ask some questions, contribute to other posts, and you will be able to do more around the site in no time.

I "joined" that group and it doesn't really make any difference. The major emphasis here is the general forum. The specialty groups seem to be just a way to announce your specialty to the rest of us, but I've never seen any "group" activity other than what we're doing right here, right now.

Classical forum...

Thanks for this...I joined the Ukulele Underground forum with the hope of finding more classical music for the ukulele (preferably in tab format...preferably free). I did purchase "Easy Classical Ukulele Solos" by Javier Marco and John King's "The Classical Ukulele"...both are very good...no complaints. But am looking for more. I am envious when I go to the music store and find stacks of books for classical guitar and when I look in the ukulele section all I find are books with the usual ukulele pieces. I enjoy strumming my ukulele (always good therapy), but really prefer the classical pieces for the challenge.

I "joined" that group and it doesn't really make any difference. The major emphasis here is the general forum. The specialty groups seem to be just a way to announce your specialty to the rest of us, but I've never seen any "group" activity other than what we're doing right here, right now.

Have you been to pdfminstrel.wordpress.com and ukeclassicaltabs.blogspot.com?

Thanks very much. I am new to the uke so I generally look for simple (but nice sounding pieces) to play. As I mentioned in this pot (or another)...it is disappointing to go to the music store and look through stacks of easy classical pieces for the guitar and find almost nothing for the uke. I do have the book Easy Classical pieces for the uke and it is very good...for a newbie like me. I am curently working on Gymnopedie #1 by Satie...simple...and sounds nice.

Top Bottom