A 3-piece wall hanger set is complete

Vladim

Reaction score
In my previous thread on uke wall hangers (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...plywood-hanger-–-my-first-woodworking-project) I posted photos of my hand-made plywoods hangers. Since then I received the third uke – Luna Maluhia Concert – and made another set of hangers out of oak parquetry blocks.
I have a nice corner in my room which as if intended for the ukes. All three fit there perfectly. The most playable concert-size uke is hung lower than others so that I could get it asap.
The ideas for hangers I got from the internet. Of course, I was going to make something in Hawaiian-tropical theme. A palm-tree, a dolphin, a hula-girl, a fish were among images that would look amazing as a hangers. But I found very interesting hand-carved hangers on eBay and decided to copy two of them: a pineapple and a turtle (I hope an eBay seller won't be angry at me if he see this thread)))). A Hawaiian fish hook was another great idea for a hanger but after some considerations I rejected it because being a vegetarian I wouldn't be happy to see every day in my room a tool for killing living creatures. Then I thought : 'What if just to carve a famous word 'Aloha' and replace a letter 'o' with traditional Hawaiian flower hibiscus?' After that I did a little research in the Internet and got patterns I liked.
That's in general a little story of my wall hangers.

Attachments

• DSCN4423.jpg
    DSCN4423.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN4424.jpg
    DSCN4424.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN4425.jpg
    DSCN4425.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN4441.jpg
    DSCN4441.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Very nice work, Vladim!

I wouldn't worry too much about the ebay seller ... something tells me he didn't come up with his designs originally :)

Also, that honu (turtle) looks more Pacific Northwest Native American/Alaskan than Hawaiian. But it is very nice, nonetheless.

Very nice work, Vladim!

I wouldn't worry too much about the ebay seller ... something tells me he didn't come up with his designs originally :)

Also, that honu (turtle) looks more Pacific Northwest Native American/Alaskan than Hawaiian. But it is very nice, nonetheless.

I'm not that eBay seller mentioned, but ToucanMango IS a UU member & I would guess that it is his products that were probably being referred to in this thread?

I've bought several of his hangers from his eBay store here: http://stores.ebay.com/Toucanmango

Mahalo

I would guess that it is his products that were probably being referred to in this thread?
Yes, it is. I hope I doesn't violate any rights by reproducing his designs.:confused: They're so lovely I couldn't resist to make them on my own.:)

Last edited:
Yes, it is. I hope I doesn't violate any rights by reproducing his designs. They're so lovely I couldn't resist to make them on my own.

That's between you & ToucanMango - I just wanted to let others know that they were available from a fellow UU'er. Its cool that you were able to make your hangers.

Mahalo!

Top Bottom