FS: Favilla U2 soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor013

Reaction score
I'm selling this pre-WWII Favilla Brothers U2 soprano -- and I hope I won't regret it.

SAM_3172.jpgSAM_3174.jpgSAM_3175.jpgSAM_3176.jpgSAM_3177.jpg

The build is (incredibly) light and, even better, crack-free. There are some scratches on both the soundboard and the back, and the fretboard shows some wear at the E string first fret, but otherwise it's in great condition. (I tried to capture the wear as best I could; I can take more pics upon request.)

The tone is, as you would expect, woody and full and generally wonderful. I've strung it with Worth BMs, which sound good, but for what it's worth I'd consider some slightly brighter strings.

A couple of things to note:

1. When I bought it it was missing a tuning peg. I was able to find one from the same era -- thanks, Bill! -- but the color isn't a perfect match (see pic).

2. The action is about as low as it can get. I realize this may be a plus for some, but I figure I should mention it. To be clear: it does not currently buzz, and it can be played regularly. (If you want to use a guitar pick or exclusively play Pogues' songs, this might not be the best uke for the job.)

Here's a link to Favilla's history, in case you don't know (plus it's just a cool story): http://www.catfish1952.com/favilla.html

I'd like $225, which will include shipping CONUS, Paypal fees, and insurance. International buyers: PM me and we can figure something out.

The price also includes a padded gig bag. It's not flashy, but it fits and protects the Favilla well.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Here's the mis-matched tuning peg and some better angles for scratches and wear:
SAM_3178.jpgSAM_3179.jpgSAM_3180.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom