PDA

View Full Version : Raeden dancing to twinkle, twinkle, little star

consitter
06-01-2012, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfBRmGSF3Zc&feature=g-uplhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jfBRmGSF3Zc

Some of you know about my special needs daughter Raeden. She has a severe seizure condition, and although 8 yrs old, she has the mind of about a 2 yr old child.

Her favorite song is Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. She tends to dance when I play it. I wanted to share the joy I receive when I play and sing it for her. Apologies for the cropped sides, as my wife was holding her iPad in portrait position when she videoed us.

At the end you'll here an "Oof" followed by me laughing. That was because Raeden was so excited, she headbutted Michele in the stomach.

And if you watch closely, you will learn the sign for "more" as Raeden asks me to play it again between the first and second times.

808boy
06-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Aloha Scott,
That is so cool and special. Coincidentally, My grandson's name is Rayden, from Mortal Combat. Your daughter's name is pronounced the same way, right?
Anyway, Mahalo for sharing Bruddah........................................BO. ........................

consitter
06-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Bo,
Yes her name is pronounced the same! That's pretty cool!!

Trinimon
06-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Ahaha! That's awesome Scott. Raeden's face lights up when you start playing. The joy of music, I tell ya. Priceless. :)

TCK
06-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Funny, I have watched a thousand videos on here in the last year...heck, I have made fifty of them. None of them is as special as this one. As my eyes well up and I am totally overwhelmed all I have to offer is bless up miss Raeden...and by god, every song I ever play is for you sister. What an amazing thing this music is. Thank you so much for sharing this special moment with us

consitter
06-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Funny, I have watched a thousand videos on here in the last year...heck, I have made fifty of them. None of them is as special as this one. As my eyes well up and I am totally overwhelmed all I have to offer is bless up miss Raeden...and by god, every song I ever play is for you sister. What an amazing thing this music is. Thank you so much for sharing this special moment with us

And I can tell you TCK, she'll be dancing to every song you play. Thank you so much for your kind comment. She is truly my special baby.

joekulele
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
That's what it is all about brother! There is nothing more sincere than a child's face lighting up with a sweet ukulele song! Blessings to you and your family.
-joe

luluwrites
06-02-2012, 11:47 PM
What a gift to be able to bring such joy to your daughter.
Thank you for sharing this.

Mim
06-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I love how she sings along. You can hear the tune in her voice! Thanks for sharing the video! So sweet!

ukuleletim
06-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Beautiful..

DallasOz
06-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Totally made my day :)

UkeCan1
12-20-2014, 03:09 AM
This is beautiful, Scott. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know if it's helpful to you, but I read an article in a New Jersey Sunday paper a few months ago (Star Ledger, probably ... I could find out) about an NJ family (and other similar families) with a young daughter with a sever seizure condition (no idea of course if it's the same as Raeden's but the symptoms described were similar) that is greatly helped by a treatment not widely available many places ... they had all moved to Colorado to get it. Can find out more if it's useful to you ... or you could probably google and find it. Even just being in touch with other families could be helpful ... maybe you have all the support you need already, but if not, I'm happy to help connect you any way I can.

CJay
12-20-2014, 04:33 AM
I can't begin to tell you how much you and your family have blessed me by sharing this. What a special moment!

IamNoMan
12-23-2014, 05:48 AM
HAPPY CHRISTMAS RAEDEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FTYf2bGumh8

consitter
12-23-2014, 06:00 AM
Raeden watching the last part of the recitation. She signs "love you" back, and then signs "thank you".

Thanks so much to all of you for caring so much.

http://youtu.be/s1QUqFXAViQ

UkeCan1
12-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Tommy, Scott, Raeden ... that is just the sweetest Christmas moment ever! Thank you all so much for this. Happy Everything!

lelouden
12-23-2014, 07:43 AM
What a wonderful thread. The uke is magic and the happiness the exudes from Raeden is so heart warming. Just about the best thing I've seen :)

What a blessing she has in you two mom and dad. Blessings to you all and Happy Christmas!