Which uke would you buy if you had $3333.33?

kirbo

Reaction score
We just sold our house and with a tidy profit. The wife said we could each spend NT$100,000 which equates to US$3333.33. Which uke would you buy? Would you blow it all on a custom or spread it around several ukes or maybe you wouldn't buy a uke at all? I'm leaning towards a KoAloha longneck soprano and a huge 65" flat screen.

We just sold our house and with a tidy profit. The wife said we could each spend NT$100,000 which equates to US$3333.33. Which uke would you buy? Would you blow it all on a custom or spread it around several ukes or maybe you wouldn't buy a uke at all? I'm leaning towards a KoAloha longneck soprano and a huge 65" flat screen.

I'd take my spouse to Hawaii and pick out a ukulele in person.

Makala Dolphin
Beer
Hookers

No ? Just me ?

Yep - go to Hawaii and go mad.

Personally, I'd get one of the Kamoa Evolve steel-string electric ukes. Then put the rest toward a Hawaiian vacation.

I would buy 34 or so LU-21s or similar and bless 34 kids with ukes that want to play them, but can't afford to own one.

Wow you can buy me a uke too...ha ha you did not mention how long you were playing...Koaloha is a great choice...

I'd order a soprano Moore Bettah. Then book a flight to Hawaii when it was done, pick her up in person and go stay with Stan and jam for a few days with eugenie, then bring both girls home :)

I'd show Chuck the Gye Nyame symbol for inspiration and have me a Moore Bettah concert built.

I like Tony's idea about gifting ukuleles to children who don't have them. If you really want an ukulele for yourself, too, then go to Hawaii with your wife for a short economical vacation, buy a nice ukulele for yourself while you're there, and then find an ukulele retailer (in Hawaii, online, wherever) to sell you a bunch of ukes at discount with however much money you have left for you to donate to children who want ukes but can't afford them.

I like Tony's idea about gifting ukuleles to children who don't have them. If you really want an ukulele for yourself, too, then go to Hawaii with your wife for a short economical vacation, buy a nice ukulele for yourself while you're there, and then find an ukulele retailer (in Hawaii, online, wherever) to sell you a bunch of ukes at discount with however much money you have left for you to donate to children who want ukes but can't afford them.
two birds, one stone. I like the way you think Mark...he he
:cheers:

There ya go. That would be an awesome venture, and to bring back a few student ukes actually from the islands would make it that more special to the kids, and a story for them to tell too.. ;)

Top Bottom