5% off, free case and free shipping on all KoAloha orders

scothut

Reaction score
Hi folks just a quick FYI. KoAloha has started stocking a nice hard case for all sizes again so we will be offering a free case along with our ongoing 5% off sale and the free shipping. Be sure to mention that you saw this offer on UU when you order.

Happy strumming,

Scott

P.S. we can also have your favorite pick-up factory installed for cheap.

Are there pics of the case?

Also, as kind of an aside, what's the difference between the pikake and regular ukuleles they offer?

Are there pics of the case?

Also, as kind of an aside, what's the difference between the pikake and regular ukuleles they offer?

The Pikake has a different bridge and the fretboard is a straight cut at the soundhole vs the 5 point crown on the standard and it is satin finish vs gloss.

Last edited:
Hi Lideruke. I'm working on getting koAloha to send us some picks of the cases but their a nice black hard case with chrome hardware with soft black interior cushioning. I'll post those pics asap. The difference in the Pikake and the regular is the finish. The Pikake is a satin and the regular a gloss.

Thanks guys,
Scott

The Pikake has a different bridge and the fretboard is a straight cut at the soundhole vs the 5 point crown on the standard and it is satin finish vs gloss.

The bowtie bridge is no longer available so the Pikake and standard models all come with the straight bridge. Your correct about the straight cut verses the 5 point on the fretboard.

Scott

Last edited:
As a store, it's not wrong to be here and participate in the discussion. But I certainly hope stores don't start using this forum as a free form of advertisement. At least not this blatantly. It just takes away from what it's for and why it's fun to browse.

Thanks, Scott. I didn't take this as purely an advertisement. I have noticed other reputable dealers let us know when something new has arrived.

I think Andrew makes a good point. I don't want to see a new post every time HMS decides to offer a free case with one of their ukes. Introducing a new uke to the marketplace is another thing and fine with me.

Scott, have they made a case specifically for the Tenor Sceptre yet?

Thanks!

-Kurt​

Hi folks just a quick FYI. KoAloha has started stocking a nice hard case for all sizes again so we will be offering a free case along with our ongoing 5% off sale and the free shipping. Be sure to mention that you saw this offer on UU when you order.

Happy strumming,

Scott

Thanks, Scott. I didn't take this as purely an advertisement. I have noticed other reputable dealers let us know when something new has arrived.

Thanks Hibiscus I appreciate that and I apologize to the other members that may have taken my posting the wrong way. I was trying to let the member know that we have the hard case available directly from KoAloha once again. They haven't been available for quite some time. I guess mentioning the 5% off and free shipping was an error. I'm a bit of a rookie to forums so you'll have to forgive me. Lesson learned :)

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Thanks!

-Kurt​

Hi Kurt I'll check on that for you. My guess is the answer will be no but it may be possible to fit that uke into a standard Concert or Tenor case. I'll let you know.

Scott

Hi Kurt I'll check on that for you. My guess is the answer will be no but it may be possible to fit that uke into a standard Concert or Tenor case. I'll let you know.

Scott

Thanks, Scott.

I've got my Sceptre in an O'ahu tenor case, with plenty of microfiber cloths as padding behind the body, under the headstock, and another microfiber cloth on top, from nut to bridge. This is the minimum padding I need to keep the instrument from sliding around.

-Kurt​

Thanks, Scott.

I've got my Sceptre in an O'ahu tenor case, with plenty of microfiber cloths as padding behind the body, under the headstock, and another microfiber cloth on top, from nut to bridge. This is the minimum padding I need to keep the instrument from sliding around.

-Kurt​

Hi Kurt, Yes that's a good way to improvise an Ohana case for your purpose. The cases that KoAloha are now stocking are very similar to the Ohana's. I'll double check though with my guys at the factory and see if they would recommend any other size for you.

Scott

There is a case that holds a scepter with its thin body perfectly made by only one company

That's great to know, Mike. And that company would be....?

Or at least, who sells the case? I'd been asking since last summer when I got the Sceptre if anyone made a good case for it, and this is the first time I've seen a positive response. So I bought my O'ahu case from HMS last year.

(I keep the Kala KTG-CT I bought from you at the end of 2010 in a Fremont rectangular case.)

-Kurt​

Last edited:
Kurt, I use the same case as you for my Sceptre. I also have a Ko'olau (sp?) custom thinline case (which I believe they use specifically for their CE-1 (?) electric models) which came with my KoAloha Thinline tenor. I'm assuming that's the case MGM is talking about, but it's just a guess. Anyway, I never thought to try the Sceptre in that case, but I will when I get home tonight and let you know how it works. Either way it's still a tenor shape but I'd imagine the thinner case would at least be a better match.

- Matt

Thanks!

-Kurt​

Hi Kurt, KoAloha has suggested to us just using their standard Tenor case which they say fits the Septre perfectly. Looks like you may already be using a similar case now but I thought I'd let you know what I found out.

Thanks again

Something new for this brand

There are so many fans of this particular brand on this site that announcing new fitted cases seems reasonable, although it does seem that it's usually done in the marketplace forum. Glad to know about the cases.

Top Bottom