PDA

View Full Version : 3 Uke Workshops at festival in Morris, IL this weekend

shrink9
06-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I just want to point out that the Gebhard Woods Dulcimer Festival is happening this weekend in Morris, IL. This year there are 3 ukulele workshops on the itinerary--2 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday.

Any other UU members going? I'll be there with one of my ukes. It would be great to meet others and jam together.

Allen

PS: I made a mistake--it is NEXT weekend (June 9 and 10). Sorry for any confusion.

Captain America
06-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Maybe I'll swing by; I camped there two weeks ago. Is this part of the hammer dulcimer shindig?

ukeeku
06-03-2012, 01:25 PM
MAN! I would come. its only and hour and half away. Gotta camp with some friends. thanks for telling people

Penguinofsorts
06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Arghhh... I have to work Sat, then I'm on call the rest of the weekend :-(. Surely I can be on call 4 or 5 hours away ;-)

coolkayaker1
06-06-2012, 03:40 PM
http://www.gebharddulcimer.org/workshops.html

I have no clue if I can drive down/up to Morris, IL, but Gebhardt Woods is the launch for my kayak group on some Illinois and Michigan Canal trips. We've paddled that canal from Gebhardt Woods all the way up to Channahon and back. All day, seriously, all day paddling. I also travel through Morris routinely en route from north to south.

The parking at GW is extremely limited. It gets full in a tiny (30 cars?) paved parking lot when there's no festival. So, it'll be park on street and walk (quite a ways) or use the shuttle. It's sort of wonky to find the place--it's really tucked back in there, so either study the map intently, or ask, like everyone does.

The only, and I mean only, reasonable place to eat in Morris, IL, by the way, is Maria's Ristorante on route 47. Italian, and it's half way decent. Not all the way, but half way. lol It is a local favorite, though.
http://www.mariasristorante.net/

Thanks for posting, OP.

It looks, from the schedule, the only ukulele adv beginner spot is Sat middle afternoon.