D'Addario NYLTECH Strigs

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I just bought a set of EJ88C (Concet) and EJ88B (Baritone) D'Addario NYLTECH Strings. It says on the pack

"Developed in cooperation with Aquila, D'Addario Nyltech strings are an exclusive combination of materials designed to deliver an optimal combination of warm, yet punchy tone, comfortable playability, precise intonation and tuning stability not found in other ukulele strings."

They look like Aquilia strings even the Baritone wounds look like the Aquila (Yuk). For the concerts I paid $4.76 the vs $6.21 for a set of Aquilas purchased on the same order.

The Baritones compare -A'addario $5.96 vs Aquilia $8.28 (I've seen these at another site for $5.60

Did D'addario buy some Aquila bulk and repackage? Has any one tried the baritone and if so are the wounds as bad (Wear out) as the Aquilia's?

Did D'addario buy some Aquila bulk and repackage?

No. They were co-developed with Aquila. If you compare the Nyltech and Aquila strings side by side, you can feel and hear the difference; the Nyltech strings are warmer- at least to my ears- and feel smoother.

No. They were co-developed with Aquila. If you compare the Nyltech and Aquila strings side by side, you can feel and hear the difference; the Nyltech strings are warmer- at least to my ears- and feel smoother.

Thanks, I'll be giving them a try here soon. I want to try the titanium strings also, sounds interesting..

Top Bottom