UAS 101: Save your boxes

ukuraleigh

Reaction score
This may be obvious to everyone except me, but for anyone making their first ukulele purchase: save the shipping boxes and packing materials.

Trust me! You will likely succumb to UAS (ukulele acquisition syndrome) and will start buying and selling ukuleles at some point. It will be then that you'll appreciate that odd shaped box the ukulele came in. ;)

True dat. I have a stack of them on my porch.

Good advice, as when you need to find a box to fit a uke it's harder than one would think. I have boxes nested within boxes all in my garage "attic". They also make good cases for the cheaper instruments.

In my eagerness to get at the uke, I destroyed the box my concert uke came in. But I saved the one my tenor came in. I think it was a good move, thanks for the tip!

Good advice, as when you need to find a box to fit a uke it's harder than one would think. I have boxes nested within boxes all in my garage "attic". They also make good cases for the cheaper instruments.

Exactly!

I started keeping all the boxes in the attic, simply because it's so hard to find a box that fits an ukulele. I've sold some recently and those boxes have come in very handy.

NOW you tell me! :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. ;)

When I bought my uke in Hawaii, I also got a case to take it home in.......so I didn't even get a box! Luckily I'm broke and can't afford any new instruments, so I won't be selling any ukes any time soon either. Haha.

Top Bottom