Kanile'a Concert Uke -- Opinions Please.

Immelman

Reaction score
I play guitar and a little banjo. I recently decided I'd really like to play a ukulele. I've been looking at the various websites and watching/listening on youtube. The Kanile'a looks like it might be a good choice.

Does anyone have experience with the Kanile'a K1 Concert? What do you think?

My Kanile'a concert is amazingly easy to play with a lovely rich sound. Much more relaxing to play than my tenor. My advice, get one.

KEN

I love mine. Great instruments. Great sound. A little wider neck which is great for fingerstyle. (which I can assume as a banjo player might be a route you'll go) And the UV finish is truly lovely.

And since you've already done your homework, it's probably the case that you're mind is already made up and you're here pretty much looking for somebody to give you the thumbs up to finally pull the trigger. Go for it.

I don't think you'll go wrong with a Kanile'a.

Ken,

I enjoyed your Kanile'a reviews on Youtube. I think I'll order a Kanile'a.

Can you also recommend a relatively inexpensive uke that I can toss into the back seat of the car and take camping or to picnics? I don't like taking fine instruments outside, especially when there are a lot of young kids running around.

I was looking at Flukes on a couple websites. They look pretty rugged. Would they be suitable for a "knock around" uke? Are their sound and playability acceptable?

Kanile'a

As another very happy owner of a Concert Kanile'a, I tell you that it is a delight to play. Easy action, wonderful tone, workmanship and quality. Everyone I play it for remarks on the rich sound. I just don't think you can go wrong with this choice. You'll love it.

Very Best,
Craig Turner

Ken,

I enjoyed your Kanile'a reviews on Youtube. I think I'll order a Kanile'a.

Can you also recommend a relatively inexpensive uke that I can toss into the back seat of the car and take camping or to picnics? I don't like taking fine instruments outside, especially when there are a lot of young kids running around.

I was looking at Flukes on a couple websites. They look pretty rugged. Would they be suitable for a "knock around" uke? Are their sound and playability acceptable?

Fluke would be a good choice. I have the little sister (Flea) as a "coffee table" uke. I would change the strings though.

I wanted to jump in and say that the flukes are excellent camping ukes. They aren't cheap in comparison to some of the import stuff on the market but with the injection molded backs and fretboard, it's pretty durable. I take mine to the beach often. The tuners are showing some corossion from salt spray, but other than that, the fluke is my official beach/camping uke.

Well, I missed by chance for that deal with MGM. I thought maybe $559 was his price now on the K1 Concert, but it was a sale on just one particular instrument. Considering everything I've seen, that was a super deal, but considering my experience buying musical instruments, it's just the normal 25%off that I've come to expect. Although, I've noticed on the higher priced small shop guitars, 10% is about all you can expect. I guess it must be the same with ukes. If I wait much longer, I won't be able to get one before Christmas, but if I wait until at least January, maybe I'll see another deal. But, prices often go up after the first of the year.............. Oh well.

Top Bottom