Does Kalei Gamiao qualify to perform at ukulele festivals?

ukedad

Reaction score
Just wondering if he should start or would be invited to attend as a guest performer. His new album is finally going to be released on July 10 2012 and it is amazing.:D

My opinion is the Kalei is more than qualified. The underlying question is will it be financially sound? Many ukulele festivals do not pay performing artists a red cent, so their performances are either kokua or an opportunity to sell CD's, DVD's, workshops and merchandise. The exposure is normally a good thing. Word gets around quickly when people see, hear and enjoy performances.

One can see through a Yahoo! or Google search that Kalei has top results when searching his name. The more festivals Kalei does play, the more his name becomes "brand recognized" for future payoff. Kalei's certainly a very talented musician with "brand recognition" in the ukulele community (which is rapidly growing - 69,703 members are currently registered on the Ukulele Underground, let alone how many lurk without registering.). Ric

Are you KIDDING? He's qualified to turn 'em all down!

Kalei is one of my favorite players out there. When you add that to the fact that he is a great guy and performer, Id say any festival would be lucky to have him.

He's one of the finest players in the world I reckon. I assumed he already played em all...

A few times Kalei came to the store to record a song. Each time was one take. And AMAZINGLY perfect! I was talking with Bob who just finished recording and editing Kalei's new CD and he was blown away by. Bob said his musicality and execution is "mind blowing". By the way, the new CD is phenomenal. His instrumental composition ability is rare and exciting. I can't wait.

That guy is ridiculously talented. His videos are insane...

His "Kiss from a rose" video inspired me to try and learn it.

It gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it... Yes, he's qualified. I really like his playing style!
Cheers,
Skottoman

The real question is, why should he bother? I think some people get a lot out of that type of performing (personal satisfaction, financial rewards, direct marketing to attendees) and some people don't. It's up to the individual.

Whether I ever do or don't get the opportunity to see him, he seems like a really neat person and a great artist.

Is the OP his mommy trying to get people to say complimentary things about her son?

This is such a non-question for anyone who's seen him play. One of the best players out there and a super, super nice guy.

Top Bottom