Neotech Simple Sling Ukulele Strap

Eures

Reaction score
I recently bought an Eddy Finn strap, which is nice but unfortunately too short (23,62 inches), so I'm considering the Uke Thong or the Simple Sling:
http://neotechstraps.com/simple-sling.html
Does anyone have any experience with the latter?

I don't have experience with either of those, but I thought I'd point out another option, the Uke Leash, made and sold by UU member Lori. I started out using a Uke Leash as a half strap and then later converted it to a full strap using the adapter.

I'd be concerned about using the sound hole to support the uke. I haven't ever used one but the uke leash mentioned above looks to be a great option and it's the one I'd personally go for first since my uke doesn't have a strap button and I don't want to have one installed.

It's kinda funny that the uke in the demonstration picture has a strap button on it. Why go with that rig when you have a strap button? :D

Last edited:
+1 on the leash. The problem with the sound hole hook types is that if you let go it will do a 180 roll and stop. Probably not good for the soundhole

I like the sound hole strap that Aaron is using. It works well for all of my figure-eight shape ukes but not pineapple. I am guessing that it won't work for cigar shape uke as well. My pineapple has factory installed end-pin and button and I much prefer to use the guitar strap with it.

I recently bought an Eddy Finn strap, which is nice but unfortunately too short (23,62 inches), so I'm considering the Uke Thong or the Simple Sling:
http://neotechstraps.com/simple-sling.html
Does anyone have any experience with the latter?

Eures, for your length problem. You might want to try to wear the Eddy Finn strap the same way that Aaron wore his in the video.

I also heartily recommend the Uke Leash, I have one on each of my top four ukuleles and one of the full straps on my Tacoma Papoose 19 inch scale guitar. I have a second full strap on my newest tenor uke which came with a pickup and so an end pin button. I have three in leather that match the dominant colors on the uke that wears it, so it is a nice accessory that adds a decorative touch as well as being functional, and the poly leashes I have are fun bright colors. I find it easier to have one on each uke because they are inexpensive and yet very well made and with an ingenious design. You can also have one main strap and just put a headstock piece on each uke, which I think is brilliant, as that way with one clip of the connector you're ready to go. I do have several other ukes that wear just the headstock attachment which I leave on.

I do not want strap buttons on any of my vintage ukes, nor any of my expensive K brands. I think that putting a soundhole strap on any nice uke is asking for trouble, since the hook pulls on the top where it is delicate, and if for any reason you fumble it, it rolls over and down, the thought of which makes me cringe. With the uke leash if you accidentally let go it will just hang off your shoulder. I also like the size of the full strap's width for my ukes with tail buttons, as I found that even thin guitar straps are way bigger than comfortable except on my Risa, which is a heavier solid.

I also find the strap helps me chord faster and more accurately, and with less stress on my left hand, and I need all the help I can get. :) This goes double on my Kanile'a, which with that UV gloss finish is especially slippery.

There are some informative testimonials on the Uke Leash website.

Top Bottom