Your favorite accompanying instruments to the ukulele?

jmw

Reaction score
After realizing what an awesome addition to my instrument collection a toy piano from Schoenhut would be, (see this thread: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?66107-Flea-clone-for-33-bucks/page3), it got me wondering: do you have a favorite instrument to accompany your ukulele? For example, something you wear, like a LP Finger Shot or something you tap like a tambourine? Or is there an instrument someone else plays that you just love to hear with your ukulele?

Just curious and just for fun! :)

I love to keep a kazoo handy when I'm sick of hearing myself sing.

Sometimes whenever there are too many ukes at a gathering I will play my slide guitar. It has a solid mahogany top with a hollow neck. It is a Weissenborn from Gold Tone. It has that really sweet Hawaiian guitar sound.

Last edited:
My fiancee plays viola while I play my tenor. Sounds pretty nice. :)

Gin, Tonic, Ice and a slice of Lime.

Glockenspiel sounds awesome with ukulele

can't beat da BASS!!!!!!!!

+1 on the glockenspiel and kazoo.

can't beat da BASS!!!!!!!!

+1 on the glockenspiel and kazoo.

Ideally, a bass, a guitar, and an organ. But I'll settle for just one of those. I like the highs, mids and lows. :)

Personally, I like the sound of a uke and baritone uke, but other than that, I like the violin with it or some percussion in the form of a cardboard box, played by a friend. A bit ghetto, but it's fun on a Friday night with three friends and one uke.

A pack of cigarettes, a bottle of Talisker Single Malt and another ukulele.

Top Bottom