FS: Kanilea K1 tenor / Kala tenor resonator

AncientMatingCalls

Reaction score
My goal is to sell both of these ukes by the end of the week. I have off of work this week, and I'd like to take advantage of the open schedule for shipping.

Kanilea K1 tenor w/ K&K Twinspot. A definite players uke. A beautiful full rich tone, with great playability. The sound is what Kanilea is known for. That thick velvety tone. This uke has terrific response as well, a very lively sound. The action is just right and the intonation is nearly spot on.

The fit and finish is another aspect that makes Kanilea stand out. Just a beautifully clean build.

As I said, it is a players uke, and play it I did. It's got its fair share of scratches and knicks. Nothing major, but to say its in perfect cosmetic condition would be a stretch. The sound and playability are not affected what so ever.

Comes with a Guardian Vintage hardshell case.

$725 shipped (CONUS) OBO

Last edited:
utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTUtMS0xLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTYtMS5qcGc.jpg

Kala tenor resonator.

This uke is pretty much brand new. It only has a few hours of play on it. I was surprised with the sound of this uke. I had always suspected I would be a fan of a reso uke and this one cemented it. Punchy yet warm. I believe the wood body is the key to the warmth. It serves to remove some of the brashness of a metal bodied reso. It's a great option for those who want to experiment with a reso without committing the cash that other wood bodied resos command. The only reason I'm selling is that I have Mya Moe master grade Koa reso coming tomorrow (boy does that feel good to say)

Price: $250 shipped CONUS.

Depends on which uke you are interested in. The Kanilea comes with a case which will make shipping a bit more expensive because of the added weight. If you pm me with which uke you may be interested in and a zip code ill get you an estimate.

Cheers,
Eric

In another thread, you mentioned that the resonator had poor intonation and that it may have been the strings. Did you resolve this?

Last edited:
how are those tuners on the Kala?, they look like the cheapies that come on the Dolphin with different color knobs and ferrules.

No the intonation issues aren't sussed out. I believe its the saddle. The strings were not the issue.

The tuners dont seem to be the greatest. It's one of the things I noticed when buying. I'm of the idea that the resonator would have been a good candidate for a slotted headstock.

Anyone have any sound samples or YouTube clips of the kala? I couldn't find any.

Eric, the Kanilea K1 with gloss finish has gloss finish at the neck? You use the K&K pickup somethimes? has a good true tone (I hate the metalic sound by Mi-Si pickup)... I`m interested, but I need to wait one week...

Yep, gloss finish on the neck. Which I prefer very much to a satin neck. The k&k is much more organic and true than an undersaddle.

Nice ukes. I don't see a jack for the pickup on the photos of the Kanilea, where is it?

Top Bottom