Just bought a nice uke

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day guys, just ordered a greg bennett signiture series uk70 concert ukulele, will be here in 10 working days, they look really sweet and seem a nice easy uke to play, am mega excited as my first uke cost me $19 and was junk as, anyone else got the same uke, what do use think about them, im already deciding now that in a while i will get myself a really nice one for about $500 but for now this will do me as a good to go, will be my traveling uke, camping, parties, and every other occasion, am really gonna start trying to learn some jack johnson (especially better together) and improve my somewhere over the rainbow (first song i ever heard played on uke by iz beautiful song had to learn it) uke has now taken over my banjoing so i think im uke addicted :D:music::love::worship:

Hey good work with the new uke, I hope you enjoy it. I don't know much about the uke, my uke teacher has one I think and it sounds good!

A member here (davoomac) did a good video tutorial of Better Together, you can check it out here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1xsUe1BqClY

glad u got an ukulele, best instrument by far... and bano is the lowest :nana:

no offence

keithy u from nz??

Hi,

The reviews on UU on this uke are quite accurate (though lenient on some points). It'll be suitable as your tough 'every where you go' uke (as with all Samick / Greg Benett gear). If you are about to buy, my advise is to change your mind and go for the Kala spruce top concert (which retails in our store for AU$189 - restrung with Aquila strings as part of our service). If you have already ordered your GB then get some Aquilas!

Gaby

Hi,

The reviews on UU on this uke are quite accurate (though lenient on some points). It'll be suitable as your tough 'every where you go' uke (as with all Samick / Greg Benett gear). If you are about to buy, my advise is to change your mind and go for the Kala spruce top concert (which retails in our store for AU$189 - restrung with Aquila strings as part of our service). If you have already ordered your GB then get some Aquilas!

Gaby

I wrote a review of the UK70 ages ago when that was pretty much all I had tried. I'd say my review was definitely too lenient in some points, but it's still a really good beginner's uke. I'd agree with Gaby that it's a good tough uke. It's very solid, so even when you get a better one, it will be good for a travelling uke. My main complaint about it is that after changing the strings, the tuners became quite loose and have never been really smooth since. Someone else posted about a similar problem a few months ago too, and had to buy a new set of tuners.

There's a great video on YouTube of how it can sound:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=LFVasyISLpA

Top Bottom