PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm David and I'm a Ukaholic

girevikdavid
06-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Probably old information here but I couldn't resist.

I've been learning guitar for quite some time and have a pretty impressive collection but when I discovered ukulele it was all history.

I have a wonderful Pono coming from member Andy (from the uke marketplace here) and a Deco off-set sound hole Ohana concert from a local music store. This pretty much completes my collection for a good while.

Although it's very tempting to sell my Ron Ewing koa mountain dulcimer and some guitars ................

So much music so little time.

BigSkyUkuleleGirl
06-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Welcome David, I too am afflicted with multiple forms of 'x'AS. I have found tho' that UAS tends to be cheaper than GAS (I stay away from the higher end ukes). I like Taylors and mine are koa. I'm looking to add a 12-sting to the crew later this year.

amandadverse
06-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi David, I'm Amanda and I am sure I will be following in your footsteps soon enough. I have 2 guitars collecting dust, and a serious jones for a tenor uke. A nice tenor uke. ;)

WOBster
06-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Hi my name is also David...and I have not purchased a Ukulele in over a week...
I do have 14 Guitars, electric and acoustic, my favorite being a 25th anniversary Taylor Braziliam Rosewood...
I currently have two ukulele's but that will likely change ;)

girevikdavid
06-05-2012, 09:48 AM
It's good for us to get this out in the open.

;)

vanflynn
06-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi Dave. Here the twelve sets is buying 12 ukuleles. Looks like you're half way there!

TheCraftedCow
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
There are some people who seem to attract stray cats and dogs. There are others who seem to attract stray ukuleles and other instruments which can be restrung as a ukulele. Take a look at www.PEGHEDS.net , please. There are quite a few instruments who are a bear to get in tune. Read what Tim says at www.ukeeku.com about PEGHEDS. I just put a set on an orange Mahalo ukulele. I don't believe they are reserved for $300 and up ukes.. They are also easy enough to install that I can do it.

In Salem,Oregon, we have our UA meetings on Thursday evenings.