PDA

View Full Version : New record, "Tell U What"

Brittni Paiva
06-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that my new record, "Tell U What", will be released on July 10th! It will be available for purchase on my website (www.brittnipaiva.com) very soon!

Thank you so much for supporting me and my music! ::cool:

Brittni

Ronnie Aloha
06-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Welcome Brittni!

ukuloonie
06-05-2012, 07:57 PM
look forward to listening to your new Record.

hammer40
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Congrats, and I can't wait to hear it.

pulelehua
06-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Only 7 posts, and she waltzes in here expecting us to buy her stuff.........................................

;)

PoiDog
06-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Only 7 posts, and she waltzes in here expecting us to buy her stuff.........................................

;)

Yeah, and this after kicking long-time supporter KoAloha to the curb ............

;)

consitter
06-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Yeah, and this after kicking long-time supporter KoAloha to the curb ............

;)

You don't know how close to the truth you really are.;)

AKuker
06-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Great! Can't wait to hear it!

Scott S.
06-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I am always looking for good ukulele music, and your's is great!

snunez
06-06-2012, 10:45 AM
she's still rocking the koaloha on the homepage of her website!

misterpk
06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Be nice peeps! :)

Kanaka916
06-06-2012, 11:04 AM
OK . . . just cool it! Her talent speaks for herself and and it really doesn't matter what brand instrument she plays, it's all about the music.

hmgberg
06-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Looking forward to your new album!

marymac
06-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Whoa! Why so cranky folks? Glad to see a great performer like Brittni checking in at UU. I'll check out the new album!

pulelehua
06-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Whoa! Why so cranky folks? Glad to see a great performer like Brittni checking in at UU. I'll check out the new album!

K. Just for the record. I was being sarcastic. Just a little joke. Tee hee. Ha ha.

Ha.

Hmmm.

vanflynn
06-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Hi Brittni and welcome.

I'm looking forward to it. It must have been fun working with Tom Scott.

Brittni Paiva
06-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Hey everyone,

I wish I could come on here more often.

I didn't mean to offend anyone by posting about my new record. I appreciate all of you very much and thank you for having so much love for the ukulele.

If some of you are upset with me about my recent change in ukulele companies, I'm so sorry. It's been hard to stay silent in the matter as I read some of the comments. I do not want to be negative about any situations and didn't know how to explain what happened. I will try to explain in as few words as possible, as I want to always have respect for KoAloha.

I was always a faithful KoAloha artist, and would have continued to be had they not discontinued the relationship. Kamaka has never approached me, nor offered me anything. They have always been respectful about my relationship with KoAloha. It was I who approached them when I was in great need. Though I was initially very saddened by KoAloha's decision, I feel that doors were closed so others may open. I am forever grateful to KoAloha for the many years I've played their instruments. I am very happy and thankful that Kamaka so willingly opened their arms to me and welcomed me into their family when I was in much need of an instrument. I am very happy being a part of their family.

Hope this can settle and end any further speculation.

Again, if I have offended anyone, I am very, truly sorry.

Blessings,
Brittni

hammer40
06-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Hey everyone,

I didn't mean to offend anyone by posting about my new record. I appreciate all of you very much and thank you for having so much love for the ukulele.

If some of you are upset with me about my recent change in ukulele companies, I'm so sorry. It's been hard to stay silent in the matter as I read some of the comments. I do not want to be negative about any situations and didn't know how to explain what happened. I will try to explain in as few words as possible, as I want to always have respect for KoAloha.

I was always a faithful KoAloha artist, and would have continued to be had they not discontinued the relationship. Kamaka has never approached me, nor offered me anything. They have always been respectful about my relationship with KoAloha. It was I who approached them when I was in great need. Though I was initially very saddened by KoAloha's decision, I feel that doors were closed so others may open. I am forever grateful to KoAloha for the many years I've played their instruments. I am very happy and thankful that Kamaka so willingly opened their arms to me and welcomed me into their family when I was in much need of an instrument. I am very happy being a part of their family.

Blessings,
Brittni

Brittni,

You don't owe anyone here an explanation, and certainly don't owe anyone here an apology either. There will always be sour apples in any bunch, so I hope you don't take them seriously. I think the few here were making an attempt at being sarcastic anyway, but that doesn't always come across in print.

Congrats again on the record, and I can't wait to hear it.

MisterRios
06-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Hey everyone,

Blessings,
Brittni

Hi Brittni!

Welcome (back) to Ukulele Underground. Don't listen to the nay-sayers!

I will love your music whether you are rocking a Koaloha or a Kamaka. The only thing I am disappointed in, is that I can't yet pre-order your new CD! So, please come back and let us know when there's a link. There are many of us on here who are huge fans- even if we'll probably never be able to see you live.

Greetings from Germany!
*daniel

lambchop
06-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that my new record, "Tell U What", will be released on July 10th! It will be available for purchase on my website (www.brittnipaiva.com) very soon!

Brittni

I cannot wait for this! Thanks for the news! All your recordings are great and I am really looking forward to this! Mike

mm stan
06-11-2012, 06:52 AM
Aloha Brittni,
Always Loved your music and there is so much energy greatness there... You certainly do not need to apoligize nor need to explain things...but glad you cleared some speculation
as things can always go south.. yes I am excited about you CD too and can't wait to get it, will look for it and I am still an unable to find it.... Take Care Hilo Girl, A Hui Ho and Happy Strummings, Stan

coolkayaker1
07-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Hey, y'all, if anyone doesn;t know it already, Brit has a youtube channel that is worth a sub. It has her videos, like East/West, and even footage of her group lessons with normal folks like you and I. It's awesome. On it, you'll find her playing with Tom Scott and band on new track from July 2012 CD.

Honestly, Brittni, and I mean this sincerely, your playing is more nuanced and stronger than ever. I have only heard the live video, and the snippets from the new disc that are on iTunes/Amazon, but I'm getting it on July 10 "fo' sho". It sounds so groovy, so funky, and so modern.

Hope someday you and your friend, Kalei, can record a duet.

Rock it out, B.

P.S. T o make it easy, here's Brittni's latest video on youtube...and you can subscribe on this page, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq88BL3myT8
Cold Duck Time, that is jazzy as hell!

coolkayaker1
07-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Thanks for explaining the K brand change thingy, although you didn;t need to. Above and beyond.

Brittni Paiva
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Aww, thank you so very much! I truly appreciate your kind comments and support. :)

Gmoney
07-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Hey guys!

Brittni

Will definitely be ordering your new CD! You rock, lady! I thoroughly enjoy your music & approach to the ukulele.

itsme
07-14-2012, 02:51 PM
I was always a faithful KoAloha artist, and would have continued to be had they not discontinued the relationship. Kamaka has never approached me, nor offered me anything. They have always been respectful about my relationship with KoAloha. It was I who approached them when I was in great need. Though I was initially very saddened by KoAloha's decision, I feel that doors were closed so others may open. I am forever grateful to KoAloha for the many years I've played their instruments. I am very happy and thankful that Kamaka so willingly opened their arms to me and welcomed me into their family when I was in much need of an instrument.
Brittni, I mean no disrespect, as I have tremendous regard for your talent and music (even if it's not up my personal alley).

I have no idea what details enter into a sponsorship/endorsement agreement such as you had with KoAloha or have with Kamaka.

But the part of the quote I bolded above says you were "in much need of an instrument"?

Not sure I understand this. As one of the uke world luminaries making a (presumably) decent living at what you do, I would assume you could afford whatever instrument you wish to buy? Does a sponsorship/endorsement deal subsidize your touring costs that would otherwise be prohibitive?

BTW, I listened to the samples on your site and my favorites were "Pavane" and "Lochs of Dread." :)

mds725
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Brittni, I mean no disrespect, as I have tremendous regard for your talent and music (even if it's not up my personal alley).

I have no idea what details enter into a sponsorship/endorsement agreement such as you had with KoAloha or have with Kamaka.

But the part of the quote I bolded above says you were "in much need of an instrument"?

Not sure I understand this. As one of the uke world luminaries making a (presumably) decent living at what you do, I would assume you could afford whatever instrument you wish to buy? Does a sponsorship/endorsement deal subsidize your touring costs that would otherwise be prohibitive?

BTW, I listened to the samples on your site and my favorites were "Pavane" and "Lochs of Dread." :)

If I had to guess, I'd say that extremely talented musicians like Brittni (and Jake and many others) don't buy their ukuleles "off the rack" like the rest of us might. I took Brittni's comment about being in need of an instrument to mean something like "I'd like an ukulele that differs from the ones you make, or the one of yours I already have, in a few respects. Can you do that for me?" or "I'm about to go on tour and I need another custom. Could you build that in a short timeframe?" and that KoAloha said "no" and Kamaka said "yes." I don't need to know any more about Brittni's (or anyone else's) relationship with their ukulele builders than I already do, but to say that a talented working musician couldn't possibly be "in need of an instrument" because he or she can always go to the store and buy one is being naive about the nuances of the instruments these people use or the relationships they have with their instruments. I bet if Jake somehow busted the instrument he tours with, Kamaka would make him a new one ASAP if he asked them to, and I don't imagine he'd want to just walk into an ukulele store and buy a Kamaka off the shelf.

joeybug
08-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi Brittni,

I just want to apologize for the people in this thread who have taken it to heart that it is any of their business where your Ukuleles come from and what your business transactions have anything to do with them. I've been away from UU for a while because of ill health and to come back on one of the days that I'm feeling well enough to and to see this? It makes me think that some people have just totally forgotten what the Ukulele means, what aloha spirit is, any of that and I deeply apologise for them having seen fit to "joke" about something that has bugger all to do with them and has made you feel less than welcome.

You did not need to explain what happened to us, we have no need to know, and it saddens me that these people have forced you to do just that. As with the other thread that involved this kind of attack, it just makes me sick and I wonder if the UU I used to know, the one where everyone was made to feel welcome, has gone or if it is just a case of some bad apples spoiling the bunch.

Thank you for joining us, I just wish it had been a less crappy experience for you, when I have some money, I will see about downloading your albums as I like your music and am always on the look out for more good Ukulele players.

Once again, I apologise and hope that the next time you come back, things will be different. To the people who saw fit to "joke" about things that have nothing to do with them, you should be ashamed, there is little aloha spirit being shown to Brittni and that makes me really sad, and very upset. You should all know better!

Joey

webby
08-11-2012, 01:21 AM
Hi Brittni,

I just want to apologize for the people in this thread who have taken it to heart that it is any of their business where your Ukuleles come from and what your business transactions have anything to do with them. I've been away from UU for a while because of ill health and to come back on one of the days that I'm feeling well enough to and to see this? It makes me think that some people have just totally forgotten what the Ukulele means, what aloha spirit is, any of that and I deeply apologise for them having seen fit to "joke" about something that has bugger all to do with them and has made you feel less than welcome.

You did not need to explain what happened to us, we have no need to know, and it saddens me that these people have forced you to do just that. As with the other thread that involved this kind of attack, it just makes me sick and I wonder if the UU I used to know, the one where everyone was made to feel welcome, has gone or if it is just a case of some bad apples spoiling the bunch.

Thank you for joining us, I just wish it had been a less crappy experience for you, when I have some money, I will see about downloading your albums as I like your music and am always on the look out for more good Ukulele players.

Once again, I apologise and hope that the next time you come back, things will be different. To the people who saw fit to "joke" about things that have nothing to do with them, you should be ashamed, there is little aloha spirit being shown to Brittni and that makes me really sad, and very upset. You should all know better!

Joey

Bloody well said Joey, Here Here with bells on.

Plainsong
08-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Yeah, this and the other thread, people "joking" when they really aren't. So you're a traitor when you sell an instrument? Hah, everyone in the marketplace should remember that one. (Reference to the other thread, not this one, but the feeling is the same).

People are just behaving abysmally here. If you don't like her or her record, fine, don't post. The agreements and deals made have frak-all to do with any of us. There was a point where I was kinda curious, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm also not the only to not take it so seriously, like it affected my life somehow. I know there's fanboi-ism for brands, but it's misplaced here and those of you guilty of it here, and you know who you are, owe her an apology. We all know you weren't joking, and if you somehow want to pretend you were, those were some cruel jokes indeed.

Look at it this way, such sarcastic joking, if that's even what it was and I don't buy it for a second, you do with someone you know well. Not someone who doesn't post so often and is being kicked while they're down.

Brittni, I'm glad everything worked out for you, and wish you the best with the new album. Come back and stay a while when you can. We're not all snippy jerks all the time! :)

rljan
08-11-2012, 02:03 AM

I can't speak for Brittni, but the key word in your statement is "assume". Most people "assume" that because you have cd's for sale that you are making tons of money. If you are a rock star or country star, you probably are making a ton of money. Musicians in other genres generally don't make much from recording. After speaking to some well known jazz guitarists, I was shocked to hear how little they get from their cd sales and gigs. They supplement their income by giving lessons or writing instructional materials.

mm stan
08-11-2012, 02:14 AM
Yes this latest issue involving Brittni of what we say here and anywhere affects others personal feelings...she was not even here to defend herself and to top it off, and she is a very nice young lady.
It is her kuleana(bussiness)what she wants to do and nobody else has any right to question her about it....certainly we have become a judgmental society and to question others personal decisons for what they do, that we have no bussiness to , and it is so darn right wrong. It reminds us all again to be kind and thoughtful to others here on UU and anywhere...

kissing
08-11-2012, 05:22 AM
I have a confession to make, I love playing ukulele but I don't particularly listen to much ukulele music.
I may have seen a performance by Brittni on Youtube here and there without realising who she was, but through the recent drama on UU, I have discovered her and I am glad that I did.

That is some great music.
Kamaka or Koaloha or Mahalo, where there is uke, there is great music, love and peace.

Keep up your good work Brittni.
I know that Kamaka folk are great. I know that Koaloha folk are great.
Sometimes people have to make difficult decisions, and we can't please everyone despite the best intentions.

Paul December
08-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Do people really care what brand instrument someone else plays?

coolkayaker1
08-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Do people really care what brand instrument someone else plays?
Only when I'm trying to emulate them by purchasing the same instrument rather than having the skills. Lol.

Markr1
08-12-2012, 01:44 PM
I just found this thread and I have to say is Wow. I can't believe some dissed her here. That's embarrassing.

Brad Bordessa
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
The new record is really good. Production is great and the songs are really interesting. Definitely one of the better 'ukulele albums to come out is a while.

coolkayaker1
08-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Brad, I really enjoy your YouTube channel. Looking forward to you recording a CD. You seem to be a young man withi plenty of talent, and an innate fluidity on the strings.

For anyone that wants fantastic lessons,click on Brad's link below his Liveukulele logo on his post below. Many song lessons,and unique lessons on string bending, octaves and such that you really won't find elsewhere. Worth a subscription.