Pono Soprano Duluxe Mahogany and Handmade pocket ukulele teakwood

Handmade pocket solid teakwood

Here a Handmade pocket solid teakwood with my name written at the label inside the soundhole

$165 SHIPPED

IMGP0554.jpg
IMGP0560.jpg
IMGP0561.jpg
IMGP0566.jpg
IMG_5667.jpg

body : all solid exotic teak wood
mahogani neck
rosewood finggerboard
dot inlay
Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 15 x 5.5 inches ; 1.2 pounds
Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
The scale length is 11 inches
11 Sopranisimo Scale (Distance from Nut to Saddle)
17 Overall Ukulele length
7 Body length
3-3/4 Upper Bout
5-3/16 Lower Bout
3-3/16 Waist
1-7/8 to 2-1/16 Arched Back Body depth
1-3/8 At Nut
12 Silver Nickel Frets
hand made dot Fret position Marks at 5th,7th,10th and frets on neck
Friction Tuners with Black buttons

Last edited:
Have Pono changed their logo ? It looks different to me. Maybe they use a different logo for different markets.

Have Pono changed their logo ? It looks different to me. Maybe they use a different logo for different markets.

which pictures? Pono on the first post, the second post is a Pelem Handmade pocket ukulele with logo "P" maybe you see similar like "P" for Pono

Here a Handmade pocket solid teakwood with my name written at the label inside the soundhole

$165 SHIPPED

View attachment 38698
View attachment 38699
View attachment 38700
View attachment 38701
View attachment 38702

body : all solid exotic teak wood
mahogani neck
rosewood finggerboard
dot inlay
Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 15 x 5.5 inches ; 1.2 pounds
Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
The scale length is 11 inches
11 Sopranisimo Scale (Distance from Nut to Saddle)
17 Overall Ukulele length
7 Body length
3-3/4 Upper Bout
5-3/16 Lower Bout
3-3/16 Waist
1-7/8 to 2-1/16 Arched Back Body depth
1-3/8 At Nut
12 Silver Nickel Frets
hand made dot Fret position Marks at 5th,7th,10th and frets on neck
Friction Tuners with Black buttons

I know Pelem ukulele from Indonesia! Kabare from Malaysia! :)

which pictures? Pono on the first post, the second post is a Pelem Handmade pocket ukulele with logo "P" maybe you see similar like "P" for Pono

ponocomparison.jpg
pono.jpg
The Pono you are selling is on the left, a stock photo of a Pono headstock is on the right. It is close but look at the gaps in the letter "o". They are in different places.

Double click on the photo to make it larger.

Last edited:
View attachment 38703
View attachment 38704
The Pono you are selling is on the left, a stock photo of a Pono headstock is on the right. It is close but look at the gaps in the letter "o". They are in different places.

That's what I meant. I've trawled the net looking for pics of Pono headstocks, and every single one differs from the picture in the OP. My concern was that this, in addition to the torn label, might indicate the OP had somehow inadvertently bought a dodgy Uke. Please do NOT read into this that I'm in any way suggesting the OP is trying to knowingly sell a counterfeit.

Can I also point out how close the final "o" in the logo is to the top edge of the headstock.

Last edited:
Thanks, Kahuna- I would have not noticed the difference until pointed out

As I said originally, it may be that Pono used very slightly different logos to differentiate between models made for different world markets. Only they can answer this I think.

View attachment 38703
View attachment 38704

That's what I meant. I've trawled the net looking for pics of Pono headstocks, and every single one differs from the picture in the OP. My concern was that this, in addition to the torn label, might indicate the OP had somehow inadvertently bought a dodgy Uke. Please do NOT read into this that I'm in any way suggesting the OP is trying to knowingly sell a counterfeit.

Can I also point out how close the final "o" in the logo is to the top edge of the headstock.

As I said originally, it may be that Pono used very slightly different logos to differentiate between models made for different world markets. Only they can answer this I think.

woohhaaa yap , in the end I see a difference, I do not know much about this Pono, this uke I bought from the people factory, the label at the soundhole is not attached, (ripped ) pono factory is located in Java Indonesia but not officialy sell in here or maybe this a reject product so facory people can sell out to local people here

I've posted before, to recognize this pono
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?62658-need-help-to-recognize-my-Pono-soprano
but till this night i don't know what exactly the series

provinces & Big Kahuna thanks for your notice this makes me know a lot about pono uke :)

greet from indonesia !

The licensed Pono logo has the "cuts" or spaces at the top as Provines illustrated in his photos. Also, I have to say that the tuners are suspicious. Pono Sopranos ship with friction tuners.

You might want to contact Pono directly to verify that this is actually a Pono build before sale.

Just a suggestion.

Also, I have to say after studying the OP's photos a bit more, the body shape looks odd. Pono's have a slightly rounder and broader lower bout suggesting a modified "figure 8" The ukulele in the OP's listing has a more "dreadnaught" shape.

Thanks.

I sent John Kitakis an email earlier. He's replied a couple of times but I've had to mail him the images separately. I'm just waiting for his reply.

John Kitakis via email said:
I'm not sure how he got the ukulele. It must have been left over from a factory that we do not use any longer. the break in "o" is not an issue.

Seems all is right with the world :)

View attachment 38703
View attachment 38704

Thanks, Kahuna- I would have not noticed the difference until pointed out

I sent John Kitakis an email earlier. He's replied a couple of times but I've had to mail him the images separately. I'm just waiting for his reply.

Seems all is right with the world :)

Awesome. Thanks Big K for digging deep on this.

Not a problem. As an Englishman, I was born a cynic. There are only 3 things I don't believe in:

God
Mitt Romney
Everything else

hah , so what i have to called to this pono , fake ?

i swear i dont even really realize before , coz the finishing is so nice, smooth , and sound so crunchy maybe i better call this replica :D

i would pending for a while or maybe anyone would buy for make another "research" , lol

many thanks The Big K

I think the upshot of all this is that your Uke' appears to be completely genuine, although it would appear as though the tuners have been changed at some point. One possibility that's just occurred to me is that maybe someone from the old factory that John mentioned got hold of a "second" and fixed it up himself. I certainly don't think there's any suspicion regarding either you or the Uke', although the more experienced people on the forum would be better able to advise you on its value.

Not a problem. As an Englishman, I was born a cynic. There are only 3 things I don't believe in:

God
Mitt Romney
Everything else

LOL, you sound a lot like me!

Top Bottom