uke stand recommendations

garyg

Reaction score
I normally keep a few ukes out of their cases for random playing and thought that I'd buy several uke stands. I notice that Amazon has a number of brands, Kala, CMC, aNueNue and wondered in anyone had any recommendations? My ukes are mostly vintage and I do want a stand that's not going to mar them, but I'm mainly interested in function rather than flash. TIA, g2

I agree... I have 2, one for my Kamaka H-3 tenor and one for my Pono tenor 6 string. They work great and look nicer than a metal stand in the living room which pleases my wife... and that's important!

Thanks everyone. Just to be clear these are stands that are going to be permanent so size isn't an issue but stability certainly is. I play sopranos so it has to be secure with a small uke. I'm leaning towards the Kala's because of what folks have said and the cost, but I don't want to be penny-wise and pound foolish. Comments?

I ended up buying two of the Kala two-piece wooden stands and they're fine with my sopranos. Only issue is the outrageous price $25 apiece for what entails some foam tape, and two pieces of stained wood with one table saw cutout apiece. My guess is that the cost of making these things is about $5 max and we're being taken because of our uke love. But the stands do work well. peace out, g2

I got a Hercules folk instrument stand last week from Amazon and am happy with it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001V7M7RK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00.
My son's soprano fits on it well if you fold it smaller, but it is a little better fit for instruments from a concert ukulele/mandolin size up to a half-size guitar. The adjustable foam rings seem to work well to adjust to the instrument size. Pretty sturdy.

No kidding! That is a great stand. I'm not afraid to put my Moore Bettahs on it.
wait... You have multiple Moore Bettahs?!

Man, I'd be happy with a spec Moore Bettah tenor. Still waiting to get on the wait list for a custom inlaid one, though....

I've got a Meisel folding stand - ought it when I got my Fluke, from MagicFluke.

Works nicely with all sizes, AND with my Sceptre. No marring, no scratching.

-Kurt​

wait... You have multiple Moore Bettahs?!

Man, I'd be happy with a spec Moore Bettah tenor. Still waiting to get on the wait list for a custom inlaid one, though....

Oh, gosh no. I have only one. It's all I need. I'm a s*itty typist.

Some of those inexpensive folding stands look like they're worth a try. Thanks everyone. cheers, g2

The Kala "Stand Outs"

..as they are called, which are the foam lined two piece stands everyone is referring to in the thread are great - for a Concert and larger. But the spread is too wide for my Soprano. At least that is my experience. I have to remember to tilt it back more which moves the body forward just enough to clear the floor.
I'm kicking around the idea of adding something to the bottom of the 2 pieces to elevate it slightly.

There is a Soprano stand available by Hola! on Amazon for less than $20. It's one piece so it's not 'break down, throw it in a gig bag' portable but it appears it work well for home use when the uke is out of the hard case.

I have the Kala StandOut too! I mostly use it for my uBass and baritone, but my sops fit nice in it too.
kalastandout.jpg

I bought several Kala's because I liked their esthetics more than the Eddie Finn's ---wrong --- as SlingBlab mentioned they don't work well with sopranos which slip between the arms and hit the surface of whatever they're on. I'm going to try and buy some sort of sticky cloth to narrow the space between the arms to see if that will clear the problem. Report to follow. g2

Top Bottom