FS Collings Custom Quilted Maple Tenor with Striped neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevelele

Reaction score
I am going on somewhat of a selling spree lately. Just need some extra cash and already have some expensive customs ordered.

This is a magnificent custom quilted maple collings tenor with a tangerine burst spruce top that I purchased from Markr1. (Mark if you want to buy it back, I will give you first dibs). It is Collings 2010 NAMM showing--an incredible custom UT3. The uke is beyond glorious--I don't think it requires any elaborate description--it speaks for itself. The uke retails for $3100 and I think you can get it new for $2800; however, I've been told by vendors that availability is very limited because this type of quilted maple is scarce. I am looking to sell it shipped and insured for $2100 OBO in the CONUS. Perfect condition--no scratches. Comes in its original case.

BTW, the headstock has an area with a slight discoloration (see first pic in next post), but this is not a mar--just the way the uke was originally produced.

I will be at the NY uke fest if anyone wants to conduct a local sale.

collings1.jpgcollings2.jpgcollings3.jpgcollings4.jpgcollings5.jpg

Last edited:
If someone would buy my Sceptre from me I would buy this. I have been wishing I had never sold it. I can't buy it till my sceptre sells. Man I'm hating that.

I would love to sell this back to you Mark. It's such a beautiful thing, but I need to release some of my beauties. Someone buy his Sceptre!!!

If someone would buy my Sceptre from me I would buy this. I have been wishing I had never sold it. I can't buy it till my sceptre sells. Man I'm hating that.

If I had the cash I'd have this so fast it'd make your head swim. My Patrick Eggle electric is quilted maple, chosen specifically because it's my favourite wood. The back of your Uke is stunning, it's just a shame (to me, I hasten to add!) that the top isn't the same.

I know that would be your preferance about wanting the top to be quilted maple but I don't think it is supposed to be quilted maple.
If I had the cash I'd have this so fast it'd make your head swim. My Patrick Eggle electric is quilted maple, chosen specifically because it's my favourite wood. The back of your Uke is stunning, it's just a shame (to me, I hasten to add!) that the top isn't the same.

I just bought a Collings UC1 yesterday at West Chester Music in PA; was able to actually try a uke out before purchasing for once in my life, which was nice. Anyway, since they only had two in stock, I asked the owner to call about a UC2 mahogany, which I briefly considered ordering- until he got off the phone with Collings. If you were to order a custom Collings, like this one here, you'd be waiting until- gasp!- 2014! They currently have a backlog of 140 on order. Can you find them on the market right now? Yes, but they are few and far between from what I've found. So if anyone is looking for something like this, you'd be best to jump in now...

For those who have inquired. This uke has quilted maple back and sides, with a spruce top. The neck is tiger maple and the headstock overlay, fretboard and bridge are ebony. I know because I was the original owner of this uke. Collings rarely uses ebony for their bridges and fretboards. They are usually rosewood. In true Collings fashion, it is extremely light in weight and has great volume and sustain. And of course the build quality is second to none.

The fretboard and bridge being ebony is quite unique indeed. I have a custom maple as well but Brazilian rosewood.

For those who have inquired. This uke has quilted maple back and sides, with a spruce top. The neck is tiger maple and the headstock overlay, fretboard and bridge are ebony. I know because I was the original owner of this uke. Collings rarely uses ebony for their bridges and fretboards. They are usually rosewood. In true Collings fashion, it is extremely light in weight and has great volume and sustain. And of course the build quality is second to none.

I know that would be your preferance about wanting the top to be quilted maple but I don't think it is supposed to be quilted maple.

Yeah m8, I know. What I meant was, I'm so tempted just because of the fact that some of it is quilted maple...if the top had also been the same then I'd probably have been on a plane to collect it in person :)

Yeah your right that would be unique.
Yeah m8, I know. What I meant was, I'm so tempted just because of the fact that some of it is quilted maple...if the top had also been the same then I'd probably have been on a plane to collect it in person :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom