Aquila Red Series unwound low G strings

From your address, I'm guessing you work for Aquila, no ?

Thanks for the message anyway :)

Anyone have a tip on where to buy them?

These are the codes for Aquila Red Series along with the prices in Euros . . .
-Single packaged 4th unwound Soprano Low G tuning 1.90 Euros, Code 70U (gauge: 1.00 mm)
-Single packaged 4th unwound Concert Low G tuning 1.90 Euros, Code 71U (gauge: 1.03 mm)
-Single packaged 4th unwound Tenor Low G tuning 1.90 Euros, Code 72U (gauge: 1.06 mm)
-Single packaged 3rd G unwound Baritone, DGBE tuning 1.90 Euros, Code 73U (gauge: 1.00 mm)
-Single packaged 4th D unwound Baritone DGBE tuning 2.00 Euros, Code 74U (gauge: 1.28 mm)

Ordering from their site is quite confusing as these strings aren't listed in the online store. Hopefully Mimmo will be able to assist.

You are right about the Confusion. Tomorrow my secretary will do a good job on the online store. However you can ask to local stores . They will ask to our distributors and everything in few weeks will be' ok.
Mimmo

Thanks Mimmo!
I'm really looking forward to trying these out -- but I can wait a bit until they are more readily available. I'll keep checking my favorite shops . . .

Gratzi, Mimmo.

For those intrigued: I've found the red Aquila low G to be the best bet if you don't want a wound string. They're fantastic -- they don't overpower the other strings when strummed.

Aquila Red for 3rd on Tenor?

Has anyone tried the Aquila Red 78U, or another Red for C third string on a tenor uke? I'm thinking Reds for 3 and 4 could be useful?

Just got some from Dr. Cluck too. First impressions are that they sound, feel, and look good! They're REALLY stretchy and rubbery, though. The one on my Flea is wrapped around the peg about 12 times. Thinner than the Fremont or Worth alternatives (about the same thickness as the C string), which is a plus. Still have to break mine in, but so far, so good.

So, let me understand...you just use white Aquilas for CEA, and add a red Aquila for low G?

(BTW, it says free shipping on every one after the first one, but it doesn't work that way for me when I check out, so likely will buy from another retailer other than eBay link)

Last edited:
Did anyone use it without Aquila for the other strings? I bought 3 but don't like Aquilas.

Top Bottom